Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cell phone pics...

The quality of these are TERRIBLE! Sorry about that, I don't have a fancy phone so you get what you get.

Hubs' parents have a hot tub and every once in awhile Mac and daddy will go over and get in it. Oak kept talking about the "hot tub" so we thought we would let her get in. She got an inch from getting in and freaked.   She spent the next week going around the house saying, "HOT hot tub!"

She loves to go in my room and look in the mirror after she gets dressed or gets her hair done or in this case while wearing our diaper bag.

Every time I open the dishwasher Oak comes running yelling, "helpful! helpful" and starts grabbing at anything in the dishwasher. This time I let her help and this was her attempt at putting the silverware away.  I was pretty impressed.

Oak has also found interest in helping set the table. This is her first attempt and I think it is pretty good for a 20 month old. She knows who gets what color plate (dubbed by Mac). And knows where everyone sits. 

This was before Mac got his latest haircut. I thought this curl in the middle of his forehead was so adorable. 

You pretty much can't take your eyes off of Oak. This is one of the things she likes to do, and one of the few that I let her do. I find this chair here often and it is so funny to watch her carry (not drag) the chair over. She does it just like and adult carries a chair.

Just a cute one on Easter morning to text to her birthfamily and family

Same here. Texted this to Mac's birth mother.

On our way to the Coast. It is extremely rare for Oak to fall asleep in the car. I though they just looked so cute fast asleep with their heads bobbing.

Oak just decided that this dump truck was way more fun to sit in than play with.

We got a hand me down helmet and Oak has taken an interest in riding this little bike and I think she looks so stinking cute in her helmet.

I tend to be "NO" mom more than a "Yes" mom. And I am slowly trying to work on that. Daddy was gone for the evening so we decided to make a tent/fort and go on a hunt. We did an alphabet hunt and found something that starts with each letter of the alphabet. It was so much fun. We built a lincoln log fire and got some of my pots and pans out and Mac was cooking us up a bear. The house was completely trashed! I think the kids had a lot of fun.

Some of my favorite meals is when we are scrimping for food to make a meal because I haven't been shopping yet. This night we decided to grill anything we found in our fridge/freezer and bbq it. It was the best dinner. It was sweet potatoes, garlic bread, green peppers, chicken, and cauliflower. The sweet potatoes were my favorite, we didn't even put anything on them. 

We were playing around with the sleeping bags one night and Daddy was sitting up against the couch and Oak just climbed up and in. It was pretty funny.

We have been trying to rid our diet of processed foods and so we have been making our own pizza. This was my first attempt and it was pretty good. I am getting better. I think it is crazy how less lazy I have gotten with cooking since we have been eating this way. 

Oak likes to mimic how people sit or what they are doing with their hands.

Oak LOVES to swing. 

Oak and her little neighbor friend hanging out.

No comments: