Wednesday, February 8, 2012

New Recipes...

So thanks to Pinterest I have been making at least one new recipe a week, but more often it has been two new recipes. I have been trying to be better about making dinner every night and all of us sitting at the table together to eat. It has been a little bit harder with it being busy season for Hubs. The only thing I really don't like about this goal is how much I have been spending on groceries, yikes!!

But I did want to share some of  recipes that we enjoyed and will make again.


Courtesy of Plain Chicken


I just made this last night for dinner. The recipe doesn't tell you what size can for the Rotel, but I used the large and think that is the right size. Also the Rotel was too spicy and I couldn't feed it to my kids (not that they would actually eat it). Next time I will substitute the Rotel for a large can of plain diced tomatoes. But even thought it was spicy, it was SO GOOD!! I couldn't get enough of it!! And I can't wait to make it again.


Courtesy of Our Best Bites


We use cauliflower alot. Well I guess I should say that Hubs uses cauliflower alot. He uses it as a substitute for rice or pasta since he eats a low carb diet. I actually like cauliflower and decided to try this as a side the other night when we had Hubs's parents over for dinner. I usually buy the frozen bags but for this I wanted fresh.  It was really good, but I think you have to like cauliflower to really appreciate it.  Hubs's dad really liked it and kept on asking how I made it, so I sent him home with the recipe. I will probably make this again, but since fresh cauliflower is so expensive it won't be very often. I will however probably try the same recipe with broccoli.




This recipe has been my absolute favorite by far!! I could eat this every night for dinner, seriously!! It requires a little more work than I like to put together, but it is so worth it. To make it not to spicy for my kids, I make sure I use all mild ingredients: mild taco sauce, mild salsa, and mild taco seasoning. I also double the meat and add a little extra cream cheese (which helps in making it less spicy). I double the meat because I put some of the meat filling in tortillas for Hubs since he doesn't eat pasta. So those end up being kind of like an enchilada. They are also really great as left overs.


Courtesy of MmmCafe


This was a really easy crock pot recipe. It was really good! The only thing about when I made it was that it wasn't very saucy. The sauce seemed to be more watery than glazy. Not sure if I did something wrong or if that is the way it is supposed to be. It was really good over rice. But I will be making it again. In fact it is on my menu for the week.





I made these this summer. And they were so yummy! Mouthwatering and I could sit and eat them all in one sitting. The only thing that was hard about them was towards the end of making them the milk made the crumb mix all wet and then it wouldn't stick to zucchini. I didn't make the sauce that comes with the recipe, we just dipped ours in ranch. But I am not against trying it sometime.




This was another good one. I am not totally sure I will make it again, but it was good. Both my kids ate it, so that is a plus. It was not good as leftovers however, yuck! We thought about making it again, but instead of using pasta using cauliflower. We will see. I also did not use the whole amount of spinach it asks for. I used a small portion and it was plenty. My husband hates cooked spinach but he didn't mind the spinach in it at all.

That isn't everything new I have made. Just the ones we liked or really liked!
Hope you enjoy!!

5 comments:

Desiree said...

I have been doing the same thing, thanks to pinterest! I have been so inspired to cook some great new things, and trying to make something every night as well. We were getting into some pretty serious ruts, and dinner was no fun! Now I'm a little more excited. I loved the stuffed shells too!

Bethany said...

Thanks so much for these! I can't wait to try them!

jessica said...

That's so dad, he loves cauliflower and broccoli!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked the Stuffed Shells. Oddly, my almost 2 year old likes spice. Kid loves sausage, but wont touch corn. Go figure. What I do, since it is time consuming is make a double batch and then break them into smaller sized meals and freeze them. So, you'll have them handy whenever you want them!

FarrEver Family said...

I am enjoying you posting recipes. So glad you try them out and let me know what is good or not. I'm too chicken to try them myself!
luv you!