Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Barber Shop...

Mac's hair was getting way too long and way past my comfort zone of the length I prefer his hair. I have a thing about long hair on boys...I DON'T like it...at all. Some people know this about me, but I try to keep it to myself most of the time. Because who am I to tell others what to do with their sons hair and I sure don't want people telling me what to do with my sons hair. I could say alot more, but it's probably better I don't. Anyway...

I have always cut Mac's hair myself. I usually just use the #3 on the clippers and go at it. Mac has always been good about it until the last six months or so and he would scream and cry and it would be a dramatic battel for a couple of hours. So the last 2 months I have let it slide. I have asked him a couple of times a week if he would let me cut his hair and he would tell me no. Then I would ask him if he would be okay with getting his hair cut at the Barber Shop. And he seemed a little more okay with it, but still kept on telling me no. But today the heavens opened and he said YES and it was the perfect moment where we were literally able to just jump in the car and run down to the local Barber Shop. He was really tired and I was a bit worried that he might throw a fit. But he didn't AT ALL! He jumped right up in the chair and the girl went right to work. He didn't move, he didn't say anything, he just let her do it! And then he got to choose a piece of candy from the candy basket. And she did a perfect job! I was in shock with how much I loved it, once she was done. It wasn't all that expensive either and we will be doing this from now on. He looks so handsome! So he now has had his first real hair cut and he won't have to have anymore "mommy cuts". YAY!







Oh, and Grandma was with us and she promised a Dilly Bar if he did a good job.


2 comments:

Tia Hopper said...

Boys with long hair (especially little boys) is my #1 pet peeve in life! I have to be careful what I say because I have friends who do not feel the same way and it's REALLY hard for me! :) Poor Jeremy has to hear me rant and rave every time I see a boy with long hair, usually on TV. So glad you are on my side. I often think I kind of hope I have a boy next just so I can show how it's done. I will NOT have a problem cutting my baby boy's hair if it needs to be done. It doesn't make him any less of a boy. hahaha Oh, and Coy's hair looks super cute!

Stephanie said...

I don't like Tank's hair even touching his ears... I just like a cleaned up ~ short haired lil mister. I quit cutting his hair a long time ago. It was a battle, so now he goes with Daddy and gets it cut at the barber. Best money I have ever spent. No hastle and no clean up. As for YOUR little mister ~ so handsome. Grandma sure knows the way to his heart. Dilly bars are so good. :o)