Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Beautiful Weekend!!

I don't have any pictures from the weekend yet because I didn't take any with my own camera. But I wanted to write down our experience and some thoughts from the weekend while I  had a chance, and I wanted to show some pictures. These pictures I actually took two months ago to use for some invitations to send to family for her Sealing and blessing. I will take her 5 months pictures this week and take some more of her in dressed in white, with her sweater added and a different flower in her hair. And I want to try to get a few of Mac dressed in white with her, he looked so handsome.

This dress Oak is wearing is my blessing dress. And even though I was 7 lbs when I wore it, it fit my baby girl at nearly 20 lbs. We just couldn't button the back, hehe! What a dream come true for me (and my mom) that my baby girl got to wear this to be sealed to us in the Temple and for her blessing. Also, this dress is very special because my Aunt Glenda made this for me. She passed away 5 days after Oak was born. I hope some day Oak will be able to have a baby girl to wear it also.

We had the most amazing weekend, and I really did not want it to end. Last night when I went to bed, because I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer, I really did not want to go to sleep because it meant that the weekend was over. We had so many family and friends come and show their love and share in our special day. There were also many who were missed. My oldest sister Dana and my niece Paige flew in from Bakersfield. I haven't seen her in more than five years. I LOVED every second with her, it was so fun to be around her again. We also had some VERY dear friends, John and Amy, fly in just for the sealing and blessing. And it meant so much to us that they would take the time and effort to come. It was great to see them again and get to spend time with them. I also had another cousin who flew in from Idaho to be here for the sealing. And so many other friends and family who were there. I loved walking into the sealing room and seeing all of them.

Oh her smile kills me!
I spent the week stressing over how I thought Mac would act in the Temple. For those who have met my cute red head in person know how much energy he has and how goofy he can be. We spent the week preparing him for it and telling him what we were doing there and how he should act there. And let me tell you that kid proved me wrong up and down and I worried for NOTHING. He was more than perfect in the Temple!!! First off when you would ask him what we were going to the Temple for, he would say, "to make Oak forever!" Love that kid!

I was very pleased with how we were treated by the Temple workers this time around. The second we walked into the Temple and went to the recommend desk we were treated like the most special people on earth. (Completely opposite from when we took Mac a couple of years ago). When we dropped the kids off at the children's nursery Mac was totally fine with being there and they had a little doll house that he was immediately drawn to. He didn't even care that we had left. Oak is always happy baby, so I wasn't worried about her at all. The two women who took care of my babies were so wonderful and my kids LOVED them. We then left them there and went to do paperwork and get ready ourselves. We got ready so quickly that we were able to sit in the Celestial room for about 20 minutes. It was a great time to reflect on how we got there!

We then walked into the sealing room and as soon as we saw everyone, I started bawling, which I knew would happen. I think our Sealer might have been the same one we had for Mac's sealing. He was very sweet and kept on saying, "All will be well!" I can't even begin to describe my feelings of happiness and pure joy when they brought in my two babies. Mac walked in acting very shy and was pretty attached to the sister who had been watching him. He then saw me and told the sister he wanted to see his Mommy. And she looked at me and I nodded and he came calmly walking over to me and sat on my lap. Then it was time for us to be sealed to our beautiful baby girl, so Mac sat on my Mom's lap, who was sitting next to me.

As Hubs and I sat across from each other holding hands, they brought Oak up to us and placed her hand on ours. She looked at me then looked at Hubs and just stared and smiled at him. She didn't wiggle or cry. She was happy and content. She was beautiful! And at that moment, the power of the Priesthood sealed our baby girl to us FOREVER.

And our Mac didn't make a peep the whole time. He left easily with the sister that was taking care of him and with his head on her shoulder. I heard her tell him he could push the button for the elevator. It gave me great peace that he was being so well taken care of. We then got to hug every single person that came to support us, which brought more tears. We felt so loved!

We were able to go out to the Atrium still dressed in white and take some pictures with our beautiful children. Mac was a bit more excited and showing it. He was excited to see his buddy Rocky, and was running around with her chasing his cousin Paige. After pictures the lovely sisters took our kids to get them changed in to their dress clothes and we went and changed. Mac asked the sister if he could play some more down there and was excited about that. When we came back we were able to talk more with our family and friends as we waited for the kids again. After they came out we were able to go outside and take a few more pictures of us in front of the Temple.

We then go to go have lunch with some of our family and friends and visit more. Oak was passed around and loved and gushed on. I was able to drive down to our house with our friends John and Amy while Hubs drove home with our kids. It was so great to get to visit with them! They came down to stay at our house so they could attend Oak's blessing the next day. My sister Dana also came down to our house later that night. It was so nice to have our house full with family and friends that love us so much.

.
Sunday morning, in our Ward, Hubs was able to give Oak a Name and a Blessing. It was so beautiful and I am so grateful for a husband who is worthy to hold the Priesthood and bless our children. Hubs recorded it and I need to listen and type up the blessing.

After church we were able to have family over to for dinner to celebrate both Oak and Hubs's birthday. Hubs was so excited to be able to spend his birthday weekend having Oak sealed to us and to be able to give her a blessing. We are so very blessed in so many ways. I grateful every single day for my little family. My little family is truly a miracle in every sense! I am grateful for Heavenly Father's plan for us, and I am grateful that part of that plan was our children coming to us through the miracle and gift of adoption.


We love Oak's birthfamily so much! They are incredible! Her birthparent have made an incredible decision on behalf of Oak, they have sacrificed alot. Oak's birthgrandparents have been so supportive and loving of them. We are grateful that we get to have a relationship with them and that Oak will always know them. What a blessing it will be for her to have so many people to love her.








8 comments:

Danielle said...

Congratulations Brenley. What an amazing day for your family. I love the pictures and can't wait to see the rest. I was thinking about you guys all day. I am glad things went so smoothly.

EMILEE said...

WHAT A CUTIE, ADOPTION IS SUCH A BLESSING. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MORE PICTURES.

Stephanie said...

I'm so happy for your growing family. Oaklee is beautiful... I am glad y'all were treated special and that Mr. M did so well. Here's to forever....

Kristen Moss said...

How sweet. I am glad it was a perfect weekend. You are truely blessed!

Emily said...

Sounds amazing Brenley, I'm so happy for you all! Congratulations! She's so perfect!

Heather said...

Congrats, Brenley. I'm so happy for you guys.

Our Pratt Pack said...

I'm so excited for you guys how wonderful that you got to seal another beautiful baby to your family. How precious that she wore your dress, I had no idea that Aunt Glenda passed I still remember going to visit her with your family in the OLD van!

Hailey Vial said...

She is an angel. What a beautiful dress, and how very special too.
I love her little bow, where did you get that?
Your picture taking skills are mad!
Hailey