Friday, December 4, 2009

Mac Funnies ~ November 2009


~We were driving to the store and I slammed on the breaks “slightly” to make sure I stopped when a light changed and after I stopped, Mac said “woah, that was fast!”

~We were outside playing in the dirt and he walked by hole in the ground and said “Mama, dinosaur tracks!”

~Mac was handing a blanket to Hubs, and said to Hubs, “your welcome Daddy!” (He usually says “thank you” when he hands you something.

~I was getting ready for the day and Mac was playing in our closet and he kept opening the door and saying, “Good morning Mommy!”

~McCoy has been going peepee in the potty for a couple of weeks now. Before he was going to take a bath I had him sit on the potty to go peepee. He went a little and jumped up really excited. He then went over to the bath for a second to watch it being filled, then all of a sudden he ran back to the potty and kept saying “potty” and he sat down really quick and went peepee more. I was so excited to know that he actually has the idea of going in the potty.

~We were playing outside in the mud one day and when we came inside he said “Mommy, I want a bath, water, get cleaned up!”

~We have been reading “Where the Wild Things Are!” because he is obsessed with monsters. (He likes them, he's not afraid of them). And when you ask him what Max says, he says “Be still!” with his hands out just like Max in the book.

~When something is hard to do Mac will say that it is “heavy” instead of hard.

~At the beginning of one of the movies he likes to watch it has the “20th Century” blip and Mac was watching it and said, “Mama look a zero!” and pointed to the zero in “20”. I didn't even know he knew the word zero.

~Daddy and Mac went grocery shopping and left me at home (I was sick). On the drive home Hubs said to Mac, “We are almost home!” and Mac responded with “Yay Mommy!”.

~We were in the car on our way home from the store. Mac wanted some more fishy crackers. I told him he had to drink some water first. He very deliberately and defiantly said “I DON'T want a drink of water!”

~We were getting ready for church and I was asking Mac about Nursery and what he was going to do in nursery. He said, “Play cars.....cry...” (Yep, that is about what he does in nursery.)

~We were at a funeral and someone was saying a prayer. Hubs was holding Mac and when everyone said “amen”, apparently Mac didn't hear Hubs say amen, so he said to Hubs, “Daddy..amen!” This comes from when we say prayer we always make Mac say amen, and if he doesn't do it on his own, we always say, “Mac..amen.” until he says it.

~I noticed Mac looked like he might be chewing on something little in his mouth. I asked him what he was chewing on and he said “My nails!” I about died laughing since he seems to have a nail biting problem. (Although I think I have curbed it a little telling him “yucky” when ever I see him biting his nails)


~Mac woke up really early one morning (4am) so I went to go comfort him for a minute. When I went to put him back in his crib I moved the blanket that Hubs had laid down under him before he had gone to bed the night before, thinking that might be what woke him up. When I laid him down he sat up and started hitting the mattress with his hand saying “right here!”. I realized that he actually liked sleeping on the blanket, so I laid it back down and he laid down on it and went back to sleep. I guess he liked that extra bit of cushion to sleep on.

2 comments:

FarrEver Family said...

There are some good funnies in there. Love em. I can't believe you are potty training. Go wonder woman!

The Wright Family said...

It is really amazing how much he says and comprehends!