Thursday, March 5, 2009

today...

...Mac has come into FULL toddler hood!
Oh my goodness has he ever!

(sorry about the cell phone pics, my camera was upstairs by the computer.)
Just this morning he was just trying to get up to sit on the chair, and was having a really hard time. Later in the afternoon however, I look over and see him standing on the chair and as I thought he was going to fall, he actually climbed up on the table.
I have this feeling he is going to be a climber, oh brother!

So I just got done feeding Mac and I got him cleaned up and got him down from his highchair. I ran upstairs for just a minute to use the restroom and when I come down...
Mac is sitting on the floor by the table with the can of pears I had been feeding him for dinner(I had obviously left it with in hands reach on the table). Thankfully the jagged, sharp lid was pushed down into the can. As I ran to grab it from him, he dumped the can over, leaving a big puddle of pear juice. He was covered in it as was the floor. I pulled him away and he comes back to splash and play in the sticky juice.
Now for the explanation of the picture above...
as I was trying to clean up the sticky pear juice (all of my kitchen towels were in the dryer so I had to use Mac's bath towel that was sitting on the couch). I look over at Mac, who had just grabbed the container of rice and veggies he had just eaten for dinner (I had also obviously left it with in hands reach on the table). He was trying to eat the leftovers with the spoon and spilling it all over the floor.
Thankfully I was in a good mood, as Mac has actually been in a good mood all day. So I was laughing hysterically, and Mac was too, because he always laughs when someone else is laughing.

This is how Mac stands most of the time (with his hands behind his back) and he will sometimes walk around like this too. It is the cutest thing ever!
And to just get something else down that he was doing tonight that was cute...
he was walking and running around the house saying something that sounded like he was saying "ready, set, GO!" but in his own jibberish language. When he would get to the GO part he would start running. I was thinking where on earth did he get that, I really have no clue! So I then started saying "ready, set..." and he would yell out "GO!"
What a smart boy!
He has also picked up on saying "no way!" This is mostly due to me playing with him and I will act like I am giving him something and then will take it back and say "no way". He LOVES that game.


3 comments:

Julee and Matt said...

Welcome to the club! It's so much fun!

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

McCoy is just adorable!! He is growing up so fast! I love how detailed you are with your Things McCoys posts!! I look up to you! And your pictures are awesome! I love your photo blog!

rose said...

oh yes.... the climbing and the messes. i can relate 1 million percent! sometimes they are even cuter with the messes though! although i'm getting really tired of the climbing- i feel like i'm going to have a heartattack every day!