Monday, November 17, 2008

On the MEND...

Photo taken at grandma & grandpa W's house, loving Benji the dog.
I think Mac is finally on the mend...or at least that is my hope!
Every since he had is flu shot over two weeks ago, he has constantly been sick with one thing or another. The last few days we have been fighting severe diaper rash (hence the naked bottom in the picture) due to having diarrhea for at least a week. We have also been dealing with some sort of Jekyll and Hyde syndrome, I am assuming due to when he is and isn't feeling good. But today he seems to be all Mr. Hyde, thank goodness, since Hubs is back at work today. I talked to a nurse this weekend about the big D and she said to get him some Culturelle (probiaotic). He didn't have any other major symptoms of anything, he was eating just fine and wasn't dehydrated or lethargic. So we got some and tried it, after two full days and two doses, we are coming upon something a little more solid in his diapers, which seems to irritate a little less too. We are still doing some "commando" sessions after he does his duty (I don't want to clean that off the floor). And thankfully we have hard floors, so I just rolled up our area rug and off he goes, and I only have to clean up maybe one piddle puddle every time.
But both Mac and I will be glad when the sore bum is totally gone!

9 comments:

Emily said...

I am totally feeling McCoy's pain.

Matt and Christy said...

Elijah has had the same problem! He had diarrhea for over a week, as well. I feel SO bad every time I change his diaper because he screams in pain and then lies on the ground whimpering. Poor kiddo! I think that he is on the mend, too.

Ashley said...

Okay, third person I've found whose kid has the same problem. Julia's got one too!! We're using Triple Paste for the diaper rash, and while it's not getting worse, it's not getting better. We have carpet though, so we're having naked time with her in the bathtub with a towel.


If you find something that works really well, let me know!!!

kimsueellen said...

My little boy had this same thing when he was McCoy's age...I later found out he was getting FOUR of his teeth at once. I think they were his molars. I dunno what the connection was, but as soon as the teeth cut, he was fine. BUT let me tell you, the sore bumm and the poop, I almost went crazy. Hope he is feeling 100% soon!

Amy said...

Oh, that bright red bum! Poor boy!

Archambault Family said...

His poor little bum looks like it hurts. Sorry to hear he has been so sick. I hope he gets better soon. Try atheletes foot cream and then diaper rash cream on top of that. I have heard great things about it clearing up those hard to beat diaper rashes. Good luck!

Jen said...

I hated it when my kids had the runs! We have gone commando a lot in our house!

Andy, Amy, Zach and Abby said...

Poor baby! Diaper rash can be so miserable for little ones. Hope he gets better soon!

Kristalyn said...

I hate when they get diaper rash! It breaks my heart to hear them scream. Berdeax (sp?) 'Butt Paste' (that's what it's really called) has worked wonders for us. My little ones can have the worst diaper rash, and then as soon as I put a thick layer of it on, they don't complain again, and it usually only takes a day to completely clear up.
Good luck, hopefully he's over it by now, though :)