Monday, November 3, 2008

National Adoption Month

November is NATIONAL ADOPTION MONTH!
It makes me smile that there is a whole month devoted to just ADOPTION. I feel so fortunate to be apart of the adoption community and to get to feel first hand all the love and emotion that goes along with growing your family through adoption. I just want to take this opportunity to share my feelings with all my friends and family and all those that may peek at my blog. I feel that it is so important to get a positive message out there about adoption, so if anyone has any questions about adoption or our own story of adoption, I would be happy to answer them.

I can't even begin to tell you EXACTLY how this picture makes me FEEL!
This is our sweet, beautiful, angel "C" holding our Mac right before we took him home from the hospital. I feel so fortunate that we had about 5 months before Mac was born to get to know C pretty well. But it also made it that much harder to watch her go through the pain and heart ache that goes with placing your child. After leaving the hospital with our son, I could not think about C or what had just happened with adopting Mac with out crying. It is a very unique experience to feel so incredibly happy and so incredibly heartbroken at the same time. How I love and admire C for her vision, for her beautiful, selfless heart, for her sincere love and concern for Mac, for her desire to do the right thing for her son, and for just loving Mac enough to put him before her own comfort and desires. I think about and pray for C every single day! And my love for her is as deep as it is for Mac. I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to keep in contact with C often. It makes us so happy to know that she is doing so well, and to know that her future is bright as Heavenly Father is surely blessing her for the sacrifice she has made for our sweet Mac.
C, I hope that you know how much you are loved by not only us, but our extended family. Mac will always know your great love for him. You are our hero!
Saying THANK YOU is just not enough!



 
After so many years of crying and yearning for this day, it felt so surreal when it finally happened. Especially in the manner of which it happened. This picture is of us seeing and holding our son for the first time. Mac was only about 30 minutes old and you could feel his sweet spirit and we knew something wonderful was happening right before our eyes. We knew this beautiful little baby boy was OUR son. We had to wait along time for him, but all the pain and heartache we felt from our infertility was worth it and we would go through it a million more times for this unique and amazing experience. I know without a doubt that Mac was to come to us in the way he came to us, when he was supposed to come to us. There was no other way! Mac is almost one and this day has been on my mind alot. I can't believe that I have had the great privilege to be Mac's mother and that it never would have happened without our C.

Making Mac ours FOREVER was a dream come true!
The day was more special than I could have ever imagined. Being able to have my family forever is so important to me. And to be able to share that with so many family and friends was a special experience. The moment I walked into the sealing room, I started balling (I remember doing the same thing when Hubs and I were married and sealed). To be able to look across at my sweet husband and then over at my beautiful son and to know that we were a forever family was such a peaceful and satisfying feeling.
And the icing on the cake was seeing C and having her parents attend the sealing. We had the opportunity to spend a little bit of time with them before we were supposed to get ready for our sealing. And I will treasure those moments of getting to see them interact with Mac forever. I know having them there will always be special for Mac, because he will know that they all loved him enough to let him have an eternal family with a Mother and Father. I will never forget what C said to me as we had to say goodbye. She was crying and she hugged me and told me that it made her so happy to know that we all got what we wanted. Oh my beautiful C, how we LOVE YOU!


The opportunity to grow our family through adoption is truly a blessing I am so grateful for! I love being Mac's mother, I love watching my husband be the best father he can be. I love watching Mac grow and learn, although it breaks my heart at how fast that is happening right before my eyes. We want the world for Mac. I pray everyday that we can do our best at raising Mac to be proud of where he came from.
We can't wait until we have the opportunity again to grow our family through adoption. And we pray that it will happen in Heavenly Father's time, not ours.


Please be an advocate for adoption!
If you have the opportunity...
Help single women in unplanned pregnancies realize that there is another option out there for them.
Be supportive to adoptive couples who struggle with infertility by being sensitive and aware of their very tender feelings.





12 comments:

Julie said...

McCoy is SO precious. I found your blog a few months ago from a link on my cousin's blog. I think you had a pie on your blog that looked so yummy!
I hope you don't mind my "peeking" at your blog. I think you are such a talented photographer and I love your new header. What an adorable family! This post made me cry.

Amy said...

Brenley, I love your banner - that's the most awesome picture.

I adore the way you have explained the impossible feelings that come from adoption. We, too, love our birthmom with all of our hearts and are hoping that she'll come visit us in a few months - people just don't understand the love that is there.

You're an awesome girl! Thanks for your blog, but for this post in particular. <3 Amy

Archambault Family said...

I love when you share your story of adoption. I understand infertility to an extent. After 2+ years of trying for a baby and 2 losses later we were finally blessed with our miracle baby Addison. I feel a little of your heartache of the infertility. But also, I feel your joy of how precious raising a child is. Every moment is priceless! You are a wonderful Mother and I look up to your courage to speak about your experiences. C-You amaze me! You are what all of us Mothers that can't have children pray for. Someone selfless and strong. You did a wonderful thing for Brenly and Brice! McCoy is a handsome boy and loved to pieces you can just tell!

Kristin and Seth said...

I love how you tell your story. I can almost see everything happening as you write. thanks for sharing such an amazing story!

Matt and Christy said...

Thank you. Matt and I have also felt the blessing of being an advocate for adoption. We look forward to the day when our family will grow through adoption.

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

I just sat here and cried and cried while reading that. What wonderful parents you are. McCoy couldn't be more proud of you and Bryce, and he WILL be proud of where he came from. I fully support adoption. Happy adoption month to you! :)

Stephanie said...

We are advocates for adoption... we have three miracles ourselves and are working on a fourth.
Reading your post has me in tears and it is so amazing that you have "C". We don't have a connection to the parents due to the manner in which we gain our babies... but our appreciation and love for them still exists. All the parents have given up their rights to their babies and I am forever grateful.

kimsueellen said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I love your words, and the photos. Brings tears to my eyes. I love adoption.

Jason & Kelli's Family said...

What a blessing! I cannot think of our birthmother and her great sacrifice without tears in my eyes. Adoption is a miracle-if only more could see the amazing things that come of it and the beauty that is created out of difficult circumstances. What a beautiful family you have created!

Jason & Kelli's Family said...

What a blessing! I cannot think of our birthmother and her great sacrifice without tears in my eyes. Adoption is a miracle-if only more could see the amazing things that come of it and the beauty that is created out of difficult circumstances. What a beautiful family you have created!

Cory and Becca said...

What a great post, thank you! I somehow stumbled across your blog last month as I was right in the middle of our first adoption. I appreciate you sharing your experiences. I would love to talk to you some more about adoption. As well as ask you some questions here is my email: runningarden@comcast.net
Thanks!

FarrEver Family said...

I love you Brenley, I love you!(Tears)