Wednesday, November 19, 2008

nap time...

Since Mac has been able to hold his own bottle, we kindof got him into the bad habit of giving a bottle to fall asleep with. Another reason we have been doing this is because he gets so distracted outside of his crib that he wouldn't finish his bottle before we laid him down. But I haven't been too worried about it because on occasion he will fall asleep without one or he will finish his bottle then fall asleep.
In the last few weeks, Mac will lay on the floor cuddled up in his favorite blanket (thanks Rosie) and if we turn one of his videos on or some cartoons he will actually lay there and drink his full bottle without moving. So this week I have actually been trying to be vigilant in giving him a bottle before his nap and then letting him cry it out. He has been doing pretty good with it to. I feel hope!
Now for the picture...
Mac was fussing and it was about time for his nap so I laid him down on the floor with his bottle and turned on PBS kids. I try to stay away, as to not distract him. And then all of a sudden I looked over and he had fallen asleep on the floor. I just left him there and he slept there for about 40 minutes. Which as of late seems to be normal for a nap length for him.
I just thought that it was a cute Mac moment!

5 comments:

Cali and Travis said...

Okay that's pretty much one of the cutest pictures ever. I mean, he's darling when he's awake, but absolutely angelic when he's sleeping. (Don't worry I think the same thing about my own son.)

Andy, Amy, Zach and Abby said...

So cute! I could watch babies sleep forever!! I love it. And that blanket looks really cozy and warm.

rose said...

don't you love when the fall asleep unexpectedly? and glad he's all cozy-cozy in the blanket! (of course it's his favorite!)
:)
love you spring!

kimsueellen said...

That photo is ADORABLE. What a sweet boy.

Kim said...

What a cute picture. :o) Shailey had the bad habit of falling asleep with a bottle since she gave up nursing at nine months. I knew it wasn't good but I'd do it anyway. What do they say about nursing babies falling asleep while nursing? Isn't that kind of the same? All my kids would fall asleep nursing. Oh, well. He's a cutie!