Thursday, December 3, 2015

Thanksgiving in Utah...

So I wasn't planning on us going to Utah for Thanksgiving because we had already been to Utah twice in the last year. But my amazing husband felt that we should go since it was the one year mark since my dad passed away and he felt like we should spend that with my family. He's pretty amazing and always puts family first, whether it is his family or mine. 


We left very early. I think close to 4am. I love being on the road early in the morning and seeing the sun rise. 


A cold stop at a rest area in the middle of nowhere. 


Pipe cleaners were the big hit this trip. And kept Oak busy pretty much our entire vacation. 


Miss L loved Hubs. She prefers guys over girls. So she didn't like me much. But would smile and run to Hubs every time she saw him. 



My twin nieces who are two and a half. They are so stinking cute!


Oak was playing soccer with the girl. 



We and visited Hubs sister who lives in Spanish Fork and we were able to go to the Bean museum which was very cool. 


Then we went to the Paleontology museum. 


The kids had fun playing with their cousin C. 


My niece works for 1-800-Contacts and she is in charge of all the fun stuff like putting on a film festival for all the families that work there. She invited us and we got to see The Good Dinosaur a day before it actually opened in theaters. It was a good movie with a good moral to it, but pretty intense and sad. Oak was hiding her face or crying for most of it. She cried most of the way home too because of an animal that got eaten in the movie. 


A family picture on Thanksgiving. I love my new phone and the fact that I can get all of us in a selfie. 


Oak was in quite the mood. And would not cooperate for pictures. 


Since my dad passed away Thanksgiving morning last year, we all went to the cemetery to see his headstone that was put in a few months ago. It was great to be there and see a headstone since it wasn't put in this summer when we were there. It was so cold!! 


My beautiful and amazing niece. Seriously this girl is amazing. 



Two of my brothers and a sister live in Utah so we all came. Wish my other sister and brother would have been able to come. 



The kids side of the Thanksgiving table. 


And the other end. It was all so yummy. I ate way too much and felt so yucky for at least the next 24 hours. 


These two. Love them. 


My niece eating a roll under the table while petting Rufus. So cute!


My brother and his wife took their older boys to the movie and we watched the girls. Miss N was not happy that her parents left and cried at the door and eventually fell asleep on the floor. Poor thing. 


I picked her up to put her to bed and she was back to crying again. But I finally got her back to sleep in my arms. 


This was the only Black Friday shopping we did. Red Mango! It was so yummy and I am not even a fan of frozen yogurt. 


Oak made her twin cousins unicorn horns. 


Oak made Elsa out of the pipe cleaners. I was pretty impressed. 


We woke up to snow and the kids loved it. 




Our friends from K Falls were in Utah for the holiday and their son who is Mac's best buddy got baptized in Utah. We were lucky enough to be there to go. Oak pouted all the way to the baptism. She was on one pretty much the entire trip. 


We bought Mac a suit while we were in Utah. It took about five stores before we found one at a resonable price. This is Mac and his buddy who just got baptized. Mac will most likely be baptized in a month. We would like him to wait a little longer because he isn't putting a lot of effort in the decision although HE really wants to get baptized. 

These girls are so cute together. 


I didn't see this, but my SIL sent me the pic. I guess Mac asked the girls if they wanted him to read to them. He picked each of them up and put them on the couch. Grabbed a book, sat down between them and read them a whole book. He is actually gotten to be quite a good reader. 


When we were getting ready for church, Mac was being difficult and I wasn't being very patient with him. And when he was supposed to be getting in the car to leave he came and got me and told me he had something to show me. Oh this boy! I love him!


I brought this book to read to the kids while on our trip. I started it and they weren't really interested. 


The kids got to help their cousins decorate their Christmas tree. 


We left at 5 am monday morning to head home. It was cold! Thankfully the weather was great the whole way and we got home in really good time. 


When we got home there was still some snow left from while we were gone. The kids went straight to the snow. 


And Oak felt like dumping snow on her head. She got to have a warm bath as soon as she came in. 



2 comments:

James and Elizabeth said...

Wow. I'm so glad you got to visit with family. What a great husband to encourage the trip. Glad the roads were good for you.

James and Elizabeth said...

Looks like it was a wonderful trip. Glad you got to go be with family during this time.