Monday, December 7, 2015

Not much going on in our post vacation week...


Oak missed getting to dress up and change her clothes so many times.


And Mac missed getting to play with his legos. He literally spent most of the week in his room doing just this. 


The day after we got home the kids got right to work building their first snowman all by themselves. 



When I was looking for Christmas decorations I found a box with some old things including this outfit that my older sister got me when I was Oaks age. It's Esprit and I remember it being my favorite. I wish I could find a picture of me wearing it. 


My mom made this little three piece nativity for each of the kids. When we were putting up our decorations Mac set this up in his room. 


This is one of my favorite Christmas decorations that my MIL gave me many years ago. The kids love it. 


Our thankful board for November. 



We had a rough week adjusting to being back home. I was not the most patient mom and as I was looking for something in Mac's room I had this thought that I should write my kids a little love note. Mac's response was, "That made me feel really good and that I am doing a good job." Oak gave me a big hug. Crossed out her name on her note and wrote "mom" and gave it back to me. So cute. 


The kids had been begging to have popcorn and hot chocolate with marshmallows and watch a Christmas movie. We finally got around to it on Thursday. 


The kids wrote their Christmas letters. I forgot to get a pic of Mac's before he sealed it up in an envelope. Oak did hers ALL ON HER OWN. I was pretty impressed. It says, "Dear Santa Claus, I want a toy dinosaur and violin and a skateboard and some elbow pads, from Oak.


I was so excited to send out Christmas cards this year. For the first time since we were married I did not send any last year. So I was glad to be back to it this year. The kids loved stuffing the envelopes and putting on the return address labels. 


This was maybe only the third time ever that I made cinnamon rolls from scratch. I love to make things from scratch but I really like the Rhoades Cinnamon Rolls so we usually buy those. 


No comments: