Thursday, December 17, 2015

A magical Saturday...

So we just had the most fun and magical day this last Saturday. My husband is the high councilman over the Spanish Branch and the Spanish Branch had a branch activity planned to go and cut down Christmas trees. We wanted to cut down our tree but didn't want to do it on our own so we decided to tag along. I am so glad we did. It was a blast. The kids had so much fun playing with all the other kids, making snowman, throwing snowballs, and sledding. I hope it is a something they remember as adults and tell their kids about. 





Our tree. There was so much snow that we couldn't be too picky about our tree. We pretty much picked the first tree we came upon. And it turned out to be great. 






The kids wanted to carry it to the truck. 




Playing with their friends. 



Of course there was mexican hot chocolate. 



We brought our little sleds just in case. Glad we did because the kids had so much fun pulling each other around. 






The one thing I love about base board heaters. All of our stuff dried pretty quickly. 


Once all of our clothes were dry we were back outside in our yard playing in the snow. 

Building a sled ramp.


Pushing dad on the sled. 





Then we made our first fire in our fire place. 


And after our tree dried. 




Hanging up her first Christmas ornament


Hanging up his first Christmas ornament. 



I love it. I think this is the first time we have NOT had a noble fir. 


Then snuggles and a movie. 



I just sat on the couch and soaked in the coziness of my house. 


No comments: