Tuesday, December 15, 2015

sick, parade, choir concert and snow...


Some friends invited us over for fondue right before the Christmas Devotional and Oak got sick and threw up at their house so we had to cut the fun short. She threw up quite a few times that night once we got home including every time she drank water. She was fine the next couple of days and didn't throw up again. And no one else got sick so we know it wasn't the dreaded norovirus that is going around K Falls.




I noticed Mac holding his pencil like this last week. 


He was mad that I was making him correct it. 


Even though Oak wasn't feeling 100% she didn't let that keep her from crafting.


He snuggled me then I made him promise to still snuggle me when he is a teenager. 


On Tuesday the kids literally spent the entire day making rainbow loom bracelets. Oak worked on this one for 3 hours straight. 


Daddy got out his photos of him as a kid. The kids always love this. 


On Thursday we had fun making animals out of pipe cleaners. 


Thursday night we went to the snow flake parade. I guess it is one of the towns biggest events. And they weren't lying. Pretty sure every one who lives here was there. The entire main street on both sides was packed. And the parade lasted over an hour. The weather was perfect and just as it was over it started to snow. It was awesome. 


Our homeschool community was in the parade. 



Both of my kids have pretty much always been great sleepers. But since day light savings Oak has struggled. I think there has been maybe two  nights since then that she has slept the whole night. It has been exhausting. I have dark circles under my eyes that I can't get rid of. I think I finally got it where she will just come in and sleep on our floor instead of waking me up. But I don't really want that to be a habit. So I don't know what to do. 


The kids have been practicing hard for their homeschool choir christmas concert. It was really good. Except for Mac kept playing with his pants and shirt. 


Cuties. They did a great job. 


This was me driving to church Sunday morning before they plowed the roads. It was a bit crazy but thankful I had my dads 4wd pick up to drive. 

No comments: