Monday, August 17, 2015

birthday, organizing, mud and yard work...


This is what my husband does with our kids before bed almost every single night. LOVE.


Found this drawing of Oak's. It says "Grandpa Dick (heart) love you (heart) Dick.


We finally got a humming bird feeder and a regular bird feeder. The humming bird feeder has been fun to watch. We need to find a better spot for the bird seed feeder.


Mac is really into making eggs lately.


Putting my four year old to bed, just so she can wake up and be FIVE years old.


Butterfly wings that brother got her.



She chose to go to the movie Minnions for her birthday activity. It was terrible by the way. I would not recommend it for little ones. There were several parts in it that I felt were not appropriate for little kids. It is really disgusting and frustrating that a good movie has to be ruined with those things. 


So Hubs and I have two closets in our bedroom. A small one and a big one. I decided that we could use the small closet in our bedroom as a coat and shoe closet. And to use the full size coat closet in the hallway, near the kitchen as a homeschool closet. Hubs built and installed me three shelves in it and I love it! So excited for all the space and to be able to shut the door on it and not see it every second of every day. All this stuff kinda took over our dining room in our townhouse before.


So a friend told me I should add avocado to our smoothies. I was skeptical, but decided to finally try it. My kids didn't even notice. Yeah for extra healthy in our smoothies!


So we had a sprinkler pipe break in our back yard and it made a nice mud hole for the kids to play in. They played in it for a good hour.


Muddy girl!


Grandma C got these Harry Potter glasses for Mac and we found him one morning drawing wearing them. So cute!.


We finally made it to the Farmers Market. We keep forgetting. We got some delicious tomatoes, some local honey and some homemade lemonade. And the kids got to play a little bingo game where they both won at the same time and both got to pick a prize out.


Then we headed to Home Depot for a few things and this is always where the kids end up.


We also had to make a stop at the Grange Co-op for a wheel barrow and almost left with this horse. It was a rescue and so sweet. We don't have the means to take care of one right now and I told Oak she can't get a horse until she works in a stable and learns to take care of one. Which we plan on doing at some point.


Daddy did get the kids some arrows for their bows. The kids had a blast.


Mac was good at getting his to hit the box.


He is wanting to earn money so badly and so he will start helping with the lawn mower. I got one row done and let go of the lever and we couldn't get the mower to work again. The engine keeps flooding or something. So he will try again this week.


I am thinking I am glad we got the wheel barrow instead of the horse.

2 comments:

Desiree said...

I totally thought the same thing about the minion movie. I wanted to walk out a few times.

Looks like fun down there in K. falls!

James and Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday Oaklee. I love her butterfly wings, they are beautiful. Oh I love your home school closet too. And I love the picture of Oak and her dad praying. What a great picture.

Gwenevere loves to make eggs too.


And I wasn't impressed with the minion movie either. BOOOO