Sunday, July 26, 2015

baking, biking, paint projects and the first part of our Utah trip...


Oak helping me make breadsticks for dinner. She did a great job too.


She was pretending to be in a rock band and didn't think that her flowery dress from church was rock band appropriate so she came up with this while it being 80 degrees in our house.


The kids wanted to make no-bakes and we usually half the recipe so Mac had a simple lesson on dividing fractions. And because he is a math whiz it clicked with him right away.


There were lots of big piles of no bakes. 


We took the kids to the park to ride their bikes since we don't have any place at our house. The kids figured out some fun tricks to do on their bikes. They were so excited.


Oak and Mac also practiced the monkey bars. Oak is actually pretty good.


Mac was trying to teach Oak how to tie shoes in the middle of the store.


They actually played in the backyard for a long time with out me forcing them. yay!


Right before we were to leave for Utah we got Oak's room completely painted and decided to just go for the stripes that I was wanting to do. It was ALOT of work but so worth it. 


I am beyond happy with how it all turned out. I plan on painting the little table the same color as the night stand, which is actually the same color of the stripes. Oak kept telling me, "It couldn't be prettier mom!" over and over. Every one likes being in there, even Mac is always wanting to play in her room. 


Thursday morning early we headed to Utah. Hubs did not go, so I was the only driver. We got to Nevada and needed gas and I panicked! I had only pumped gas myself one other time eight years previous. It was stressful, but now I am a pro since we were in Utah for a week and did a lot of traveling and I had to get gas several times. 


So proud of myself for driving all the way to Utah. Also I did it in one day.


My cute nieces. They are twins and just turned two.


And my funny nephew.


We celebrated Mac's "chosen day". The day that we found out he would join our family eight years ago.


We went to the splash pad and had a picnic at the park on pioneer day with my brother and his family.


My dad is buried in Utah and I got to go back to his grave for the first time since we buried him. It was sad to see it with no marker since we haven't gotten the headstone yet. We brought flowers and Mac wrote a note and left it for his granpda. We sure miss him and it still seems so unbelievable that he isn't here. 



Saturday we went to St. George to meet up with Mac's birthmom. We haven't seen her in three years. It was so wonderful to see her. And we had a super fun day with her. We first went to the local children's museum and this is supposed to be like the President's office. 

Then she took us to the lake she always goes swimming in. It was beautiful. 


This picture doesn't show how really aqua the water was.


The shores were this clay mud stuff and the kids had a blast covering themselves in it.


Mac and his birthmom giving each other a "mud hug". So funny!


Then we just hung out with her a bit and the kids loved being with her. We love her so much.


I got some really cute pics of these two.


We stopped by the Payson Temple on the way home. It was so beautiful.

No comments: