Sunday, July 19, 2015

Lots of unpacking, moving, painting and more...


Occasionally the kids will go into my closet and play dress up and then leave a giant mess of my clothes on the floor. It's cute/not cute. But they giggle and laugh the whole time. Anyway, this time I decided I would let Oak try on my wedding dress. I forgot how much I love my wedding dress. When we were discussing whether she could where it for her wedding we decided that she probably won't be able to since she will be way taller than me. 


I filled the back of my van with the back seats down completely full three times and took it all to Goodwill. Feels good to get rid of so much stuff. Hubs and I were sad to let go of some more of our baby things like our rocking chair and a whole tub full of baby toys.


Mac got a rubiks cube this week. He loved trying to figure it out. 


Apparently someone got a hold of my phone.



Daddy became a little obsessed with the Rubik cube too. Mac kept coming to me and saying that he can't find his Rubik cube because dad keeps taking it. 


I made granola this week and it felt so good to get back to baking from scratch.


So we have been finding these nasty spiders all over the house. Nasty, gross and scary. We have sprayed the outside of the house with Home Defense and when we were gone next week my hubs will spray the inside of the house. If that doesn't work then we will bug bomb the house. 


As I was going through a large pile of boxes and emptying them the kids had a blast playing in the empty boxes. 


And you couldn't see to the back of the garage before I started. This took me four full days. I had to get it done quick because my mom was getting some of her stuff in storage to move into the house and we needed the room for her stuff. 


After I got done with the garage I was feeling bad that the kids have been stuck at home not doing much so I took them to the park to ride their bikes in the parking lot. Since we live in the country there is no place for the kids to ride their bikes at our house. 


Oak's birthmom and some of her family came to visit this week. Oak loved it and she loves spending time with them and getting spoiled. 


Mac went with daddy to a YM encampment so it was just the girls at home. And we still had donut day! We tried out a new place, a bakery in a sketchy part of town, in a weird building, and it cost $15 per dozen. But they were really good!


Beautiful sunsets this week. 


My MIL gave us some blueberries that she had picked. So we made some homemade muffins. So yummy!


So while Mac was gone with daddy, daddy showed him how to tie his shoes. So now every time he goes outside he puts his tennis shoes on and ties them instead of putting on his flip flops. He is just growing up so fast. 


These two were so excited to see each other. They spent an house rough housing and giggling together before they started back to their fighting and getting on each others nerves.


There was a big sale on paint at Sherwin Williams so we decided to go ahead and paint Oak's room. We are just painting it white and I am going to do an accent wall of light aqua stripes. Her room will be white, pink and aqua. I am excited for it to be finished. The kids helped me for about five minutes before I kicked them out. 


When Mac was gone, I bough Oak a new dress and since Mac doesn't need any new clothes I bought him a new book. It's called Shark School and it has three different books in the one book. He was so excited and every chance he gets he has been reading it. We are getting close to the unprompted reading. 


Spaghettie Lady and the Tramp style. 


So my mom lives downstairs in our new house. Her little bathroom needed some major help so we did a little makeover on it. She painted it white and we put new towel racks up. I actually installed these with out any help from my hubby. I was really proud of myself. I promise the bottom one is straight, it's just the angle of the camera. 

1 comment:

James and Elizabeth said...

It's hard to part with baby items but the new found space will be nice. I love seeing pictures of your kids reading. And those boxes looked like a lot of fun. good times.