Wednesday, June 10, 2015

summer fun has begun...


Two silly girls.


They woke up and decided to pick out each others clothes. The theme they went with was "western". So Oak is Annie Oakley and Mac is Jack Kelly from Newsies. We had just watched Newsies for the first time the night before.


Oak wanting to take a picture of me. This is where  you find me most of the time when the kids are riding their bikes outside. Me sitting in a lawn chair to make sure they don't get ran over by a car.


Oak and I were bouncing the ball back and forth and she just looked so cute.



Silly girl ready for Taekwondo.


The cool neighborhood hangout is the dirt hill right across the street. We have four shovels and the kids are always coming over and getting them to dig on the hill.


Making banana bread.


This last time we went to the library the kids decided they wanted to get books on space. It has been fun to read about, And I have learned a ton so I am pretty sure my kids have too.


National Donut Day and Summer Friday Donut Day.


The kids are always wanting to go up and down this steep street. Every once in awhile I humor them. 


One of their favorite things to do at Walmart. 


We are excited to try to do all these things this summer. We also need to add the river and Lake of the Woods.


I started reading this for the first time ever. I am about half way. It's good but I am a slow reader.


We were making pizza and decided we needed a little flour on our faces. 


Saturday morning we headed down the road to a neighbors house of someone in our ward. His yard needed some work done and his health isn't the best. So we spent a couple hours weeding and cleaning up the pine cones and pine needles. It was so great to help.




After the work we headed to the river to play. And Mac brought a book to read and was actually reading it. I was so excited he did this.


Cute girl on the way home from the river. I will do a post on just the river soon.


Tired out after playing in the river for a couple of hours.


Extreme hopscotching.


Goofy girl riding her new bike.


Daddy has been reading The Fellowship of the Ring to Mac and Mac has been making a map of the journey while listening to daddy read. 


Beautiful sunsets here. My phone camera never does it justice.


We tried going on a walk to walk out our wiggles and grumpiness. It was a disaster and my kids were so poorly behaved. Oh well!


But they sure looked cute in the setting sun.


2 comments:

James and Elizabeth said...

I love reading your blog. I love that they decided to pick out each other's clothes. And I love the service you did for your neighbor. You are an inspiration to me.

quailene said...

Fun bucket list! What a fun family! I hope you post your favorite dutch oven and camping recipes when you check those off. Im always looking for new "camp cooking" ideas. I love planning camping and dutch oven menus. :)

Kaylene