Friday, May 23, 2014

homeschool activities, birthday party & fishing...

Mac, with just a little help was able to do this 100 piece puzzle. 

We found our dress up box that has been packed away for 6 months and the kids have been loving it all this week. 

A little ninja training before bed. Mac was Oak's Master. 


I had a few migraines and the kids came down and snuggled me after their quiet time. 


This was a fun activity for the kids. I put some cooking oil in a dish and added food coloring to water and gave the kids some droppers. The kids loved it. 





I really love when Oak lays like this. 


Just cute, snuggling mom who had another migraine. 


She is letting put piggies in her hair more often and I just love these red, curly pig tails. 


So mac has refused to eat eggs for probably the last year. He just said he didn't like them anymore. Then one morning we went to breakfast and he scarfed down the eggs before his pancakes. I asked him why he ate his eggs and he said he liked them because they were fluffy. So I came home and looked up how to make fluffy eggs. turns out it isn't so hard and they actually do taste much better then the way I was making them. And now he loves my eggs again. 

Oak all dressed up to go to her friends Frozen birthday party. She was so excited. 


The mom did such a great job with everything. She didn't have one single thing labeled Frozen since it is impossible to find anything. She made everything (all super simple stuff) and the girls had so much fun. 

Olaf!

She made all the girls capes, gave them a medical glove and turned on let it go and all the girls were so adorable singing and doing all the motions. 

Mac practicing his back swim while gurgling water. 

Mac helped me make some apple cinnamon muffins from scratch to take on a special trip with dad. 


The special trip was leaving at 4 am to drive an hour away to go fishing. It was their first actually fishing trip together. 


They caught six rainbow trout. 




Oak spilled some water on her pjs at breakfast so she went upstairs to change and came down in her swim suit. She has been very excited to start swim lessons. 

Daddy started doing Insanity this week and the kids have wanted to exercise with him. It is really adorable. The night I took this, Oak decided she wanted to do it and put the disc in on her own and started it up and did almost the whole video. So funny!

I was so excited because Oak was in the mood to let me pick out her clothes AND put two piggies in her hair. 

She was folding these towels and she put them in piles. She showed me that the first pile had one towel and the second pile had two and the third pile had three and so on. I thought it was pretty clever of her. 

Another fun activity we did. Mac figured out how to make a house all on his own. 


Oak's house. 

We also did swim lessons and had the Elders over for Taco Tuesday. 

No comments: