Thursday, January 10, 2013

34


34 years ago was one of the best days of my life (although I wasn't quite born yet). 
Love this man, my husband, my everything and the father to my children.
Happy Birthday Handsome!

Hubs doesn't like to make a big deal about his birthday so we just had a quiet night with Hubs's parents and sister (who happens to be in town) over for dinner and cake. Mac could hardly stand the anticipation of giving daddy his gift and eating chocolate cake. That is all I heard about all week from him. And because I don't like ice cream I totally forgot to get any, but no one seemed to care thankfully.



Can you tell Mac was excited?! Mac chose a Lego set for his daddy. He got him one last year and decided he needed to do it again. It took alot of pep talks and a little threatening (on the lines of we will have to return the gift if he tells) to help him realize that he couldn't tell daddy what he had gotten him. 
A cute story to go with that: Mac was playing Lego's with daddy in his room. I guess Mac accidentily told Hubs that he had gotten him Legos for his birthday and then he felt bad. He said he would come and tell me and Hubs said don't worry I will talk to Mommy about it later. Mac got worried that that meant daddy was going to lie to me about it and told Hubs that since he (Mac) was the one who told him that he would come and tell Mommy. I frustrated at first but then realized that he was wanting to tell me the truth so I praised him for taking responsibility and for telling the truth. We are very proud of our boy!

Oak telling daddy what she drew on her birthday card for him.

Daddy and his kids. Silly girl Oak for some reason decided to pose like this. 


This is the gift that I gave Hubs. It has been a year in the making and it just for some reason was hard to get put together like I wanted. But it is a picture of my Father-in-law, my husband and my son all at about the same age. Then we thought it was cool to get a picture of them all together now with the picture. Love it!

And we love that Aunt Jessie is visiting! We got to spend the day with her before the party and we had so much fun. 


No comments: