Sunday, November 4, 2012

Time Out for Women


I had the amazing opportunity to go to Time Out for Women this weekend with my Mother-in-law, two of my sisters-in-law and my mom. So in other words I was with some awesome women!! We have been looking forward to this for MONTHS! And can I just say that if you have the opportunity to go at some point that you should make every effort to go, because you will not regret it. It is amazing, it is uplifting, it is beautiful, it is touching, it is spiritually nourishing, it is fun and funny. 
We were able to go both Friday night and all day Saturday.  The speakers were amazing and I was able to find something I needed to hear in every presentation. Also the music by Jenny Oaks Baker and Hilary Weeks was just beautiful and my favorite part was the beautiful words they shared with us also. Hilary Weeks was hilarious and so real.



I loved that my Mom was there with me. 

Through the entire weekend I found bits and pieces in every presentation that I could use in my life, but I kept on wondering when I would hear that ONE thing that I felt was meant just for me. I was a little worried that I would walk away from the whole weekend without that experience. Then the very last presenter Laurel Christensen got up and I hung onto her every word and knew what she was saying was meant for me. I took the most notes from her because I didn't want to forget a thing. I am so grateful I did, because when I got home last night and I was telling my husband all about what she said and reading my notes from her I had an amazing experience. One that has been a long time coming for me. And thoughts were turning into more thoughts that were turning into more thoughts that lead to an eye opening experience. I then shared those thoughts with my husband, and I was just in awe and shock at the personal revelation I received from this experience. It was all very personal and so I will not be sharing it here or with any one. But what I will say, without sharing any specifics is that I realized that I have spent years purposely not asking Heavenly Father for a specific blessing out of fear that my prayer and pleading would not be answered or the answer would be no. And after I was prompted to read my Patriartical Blessing I was reminded that what I have been afraid to ask for has always been a promised blessing and the Lord is BOUND to keep his promise to me as long as I am obedient. I love that Heavenly Father is waiting for me to be ready to ask and and ready to receive the answers to my prayers. 

I wish her presentation was available to everyone to listen to, but here is a snippet (her intro) of her presentation. 




And she also shared something similar to this in her presentation.

3 comments:

Desiree said...

Yes, I loved her presentation too! I didn't even realize that I was waiting for anything, but as I listened to her it hit me. I am waiting for something, and when I'm ready to ask for it, he will be ready to bless me. It was excellent. I am just amazed at the whole time out. I loved it too! Yes, the music was so touching, and well done. I ditto all of this. We are already planning to go up to Tacoma next year! I'm surprised I didn't see you too, but then not. Soooomany people!

Sean and Steph said...

Mom and I went to the one in Sacramento with my grandma and aunt, and it was great! I loved it and it was an amazing experience :) glad it was also a great experience for you!

FarrEver Family said...

I haven't read blogs in a while. This was great to read. I was so happy u went. I went here to. I love that you had a eye opening experience. I Love you so much and am glad you have finally felt like you can pray for that thing you've wanted and haven't prayed for...whatever it is. I love you so much!