Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012


I have to admit that Halloween is probably my least favorite holiday. Although I really love all the build up to the holiday, just not the holiday it's self. I usually can't wait for it to be over, this year was no exception. But I try to put my feelings about it aside and still try to make it fun for my kids. This year it was a little harder to enjoy the fun, but we tried. And I hope we can look back at the fun instead of the not so fun.


Cinnamon rolls are a favorite in our house so I thought I would make some. This was my first attempt ever at making them from scratch. I was so proud of myself and they were really yummy. I even made some cream cheese frosting and dyed it orange .

It happened to be story time day at the Library so we went there. The kids love story time and Oak is getting really good at sitting and listening to the stories instead of me chasing her around. They also love to check out books so we took some back and got more.


The adorableness of this picture is just too much for me. It makes the hard parts of the day so worth it just for this picture. My kids are so stinking cute, especially as skeletons. 

Mac has had his costume decided since last year. He really loves spooky scary stuff so he tends to pick out classic Halloween costumes. He even has the next two years decided of what he wants to be. Next year is a vampire (I think) and the next year he wants to be a "blooded zombie" (that's what he calls it). So cute!
Since Mac decided to be a skeleton and I found these cute jammies, I decided Oak was going to be one too. She loved it!

We got a little trick or treating done in our neighborhood early (5:30pm) so that we could enjoy that and enjoy our Ward's trunk or treat. Also there was a break in the clouds and it wasn't pouring down rain for the first time all day. And don't worry, my kids weren't cold. It wasn't all that cold and they each had a whole other layer on underneath their costumes.
In this picture they were trick or treating where he goes to preschool.
Mac pretty much ran from door to door and Oak just causally walked the whole time, and it was driving Mac nuts to have to wait for his sister, haha!

We really liked the decorations on this house, but unfortunately they didn't answer their door. 

Just as we were getting done trick or treating and about to head to the church all our neighborhood friends were starting to head out trick or treating. And it worked out to get everyone in a picture. Cute P (the dinosaur on the end) did not want to be in a picture.

We then went to our Ward's truck or treat which ended up being inside and the kids trick or treated to the classrooms. It actually turned out pretty good. It is hard to have a party like this where numbers count when you live in a very small ward. (we only have about 25 kids in our primary and those kids only add up to about 10 families.) But alot of them showed up and they didn't mind at all doing it in the church instead of outside. Mac had a blasts running around with his friends.

The night ended with making a stop at another friends house to trick or treat and then a full on melt down about going to bed. Hubs and I went to bed and said to each other that we were glad Halloween is over for the year. 




No comments: