Friday, July 8, 2011

Mac Funnies


* He randomly said to me, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?!"

* (See picture above) Mac woke up from his nap (a little early) and instantly walked to the front door announcing he wanted to go outside. I told him I had to go get dressed first (I had been doing housework all morning) and he said, "Ok, I will wait right here." and layed down on the floor by the door. I was gone for maybe 3 minutes at most and come back and he was sound asleep. And slept for another 2 hours on the floor.

* This happened several times in one week: when I asked Mac to go put on new underwear (when getting dressed in the morning) he would just put the new ones over the old ones and I wouldn't find this out until later in the day when he would have a hard time getting both pairs back on after using the restroom.

* he was eating cotton candy for the first time and he looks at it and says " it looks like stuff from a couch!"

* I was telling him a story in the car to try to keep him awake. And when the story was over he whispered to me, "Mama, you have to say The End".

* I said, "Mac, please stopping hitting your thing on the table." and Mac said, "It's not a thing, it's a Buzz Lightyear!" (In my defense, I didn't see what it was, I just heard him hitting something on the table)

*(This one is actually a "Hubs Funny", but Mac was involved) Overheard at bedtime one night: Mac asked Daddy to do "This Little Piggy" on his toes. And so Hubs (The Accountant/Finance guy) names off Stocks to buy on the Market instead of buying roast beef at the Market. Haha...such a nerd...love him!

* some friends (who are like grandparents to our kids) were watching Mac and Oak while we went on a date. Mac sat on our friend's lap and called her Grandma. She said, "I'm not old enough to be a grandma!" and Mac said, "OK, Grandpa!"

* My SIL was trying to get all the kids to pick up the mess they made with the large stack of games at the lake house. She asked Mac to help and he said, "I can't help right now, I'm busy...(pointing to the Operation Game) this guy is REAL sick!"

* My 12 yr old niece was painting a picture of a monster at Mac's request. After she got done he said to her, "Now THAT is a monster!!!"

No comments: