Sunday, February 27, 2011

He knows alot about that!

When I found out the The Cat in the Hat was coming to our town I got really excited, because I knew Mac would love it. He isn't a huge fan of the PBS cartoon, but has actually learned a few things from it. (he talks about echo location every once in awhile). It took everything in me not to tell Mac about getting to see him until the day of. I didn't want to be asked about it everyday only to end up in meltdown because we wouldn't be going that very minute. I also wasn't 100% sure that we would go.
We got there a bit early and was very surprised to see so many people there already. We hurried and got in line to be able to get Mac's picture taken with him. Mac and Oak were both so good and patient with standing in line. Thankfully we also weren't that far down the line and once it started moving it moved quickly because it wasn't really a time to visit with him (he didn't talk) it was just a time to say hi and say "cheese!"
Once we got up to him, Mac was a little hesitant (although he was SO excited during our wait in line). But usually all it takes is for me to say "give him five" and that will do the trick. By the time we had done that, there were about a million more people there and I was getting claustrophobic and we headed out.
Mac was happy and I was happy that I was able to take Mac to do something fun!




2 comments:

Marci said...

Wow, your experience was a lot better than ours. Ours was more like shopping on Black Friday.

Paul and Missy said...

I wish I had know! Your kids are so cute. I love your blogs and the pictures of your kids.
Missy