Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Big Boy Bed...

This last Tuesday night, on a whim, we decided to turn Mac's crib into a big boy bed. I have been nervous about this transition for months, but Hubs had made it clear that when he was 2 1/2 that it was going to happen. It all went WAY better than I thought it would.
He was so excited about his "new" bed. He kept saying, "It's great!, It's nice! It's shiny!" It was so cute!
We told him the rules about sleeping in his new bed. And did our normal routine and he was asleep with in 15 minutes.
He fell out twice the first night. Once before we had gone to bed and early the next morning. When he fell in the morning and I went in to put him back in his bed, I laid down next to him. He told me, "Mama, this is for big boys! Please sing me a song and then get out." He didn't say it in a mean way at all, and I was cracking up! So I sang him a song and told him to go back to sleep and I got out!
The second night he fell out twice again. It has now been a week since his first night and he has done great! We are very proud of our big boy!

2 comments:

Sonja said...

Man! How all these babies are just growing up! Audrey just switched to her "big girl" bed too...she REALLY was liking brother's. I think that it helps them that it was their crib. You know, not much has really changed. We were really lucky with both of ours...didn't get out, stayed there in the morning...everything just like before. Ian's bed has a very small 3/4-1 inch lip on the front so he's never fallen out and Audrey's has a short, half rail. I think those have helped a lot too. It's so exciting to hit those milestones but it's bittersweet...these babies are all growing up!

Allison said...

How exciting!! We are about to try the big girl bed soon too! I hope it goes as good for us as it did for you guys!