Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The 4th at the Lake House!

This is going to be a long one!
I think that the 4th of July is my favorite holiday! One of the reasons for that is that we always spend it with Hubs's family at the family lake house. I love the fire works too, but to be honest I haven't watched fire works since before Mac was born. To watch them at the lake you have to go on the boat at night, and that is not my favorite thing. Here is the annual grandkids 4th picture. You can see 2008 here and 2009 here.
The weather this year was beautiful! Even after it rained all the way there the first day.

Mac is obsessed with fishing poles and what he thinks fishing it. This cute little fishing pole is now at the bottom of the lake. One minute after I took these pictures, Mac decided it would be a good idea to just drop in the lake. We never retrieved it, but was glad to find out that it wasn't the first time, or the second time for this unlucky little fishing pole.

This picture cracks me up. I am actually really surprised that neither of them ended up falling in because they kept doing leaning over the side of the dock.

The boys and the Star Wars guns. Mac officially learned what a "gum" is this weekend.

Since the house is right on the lake, we basically make all the kids wear life jackets every time they play outside. This life jacket was a bit big for Mac and he was having trouble playing in it.

Playing in the pool, this kid really loves water. He doesn't care how cold it is!
And take a look at our car from the drive to the lake house. It rained all the way their and mix that with miles of dirty gravel roads.


Eating strawberries for lunch!

Cute little Tater!

LOVE these pictures of Mac with his favorite Aunt J! They were sharing otter pops!


My cute little goofball!

My cute, patriotic niece Abbi!

My SIL brought all the stuff to make these cute skirts for the girls! Are they not just too adorable, the skirts and my nieces! Love these girls!

There is a street fair in the little town on the other side of the lake. The girls go to it every year!

Usually Uncle Spencer brings the fireworks for the kids, but we knew he wasn't going to be there so we brought some. Mac had been begging for days to go buy some fireworks. When we stopped on our way out of town at the fireworks stand, I looked in the bag to see what they had gotten and Mac told me not to touch it, they were his fireworks. I couldn't help but laugh, but had to scold him for being mouthy (which for some reason he has been doing alot of lately). On top of all of that, Mac was scared to of the sparklers and jumped out of this shot at the last second. He did like the smoke bombs though.

After church on the 4th we headed to beach and just hung out as a family. Mac kept on telling us that he wanted to go swimming in the ocean. This is Mac and Grandpa G.

Another cute one of T.

I think my favorite picture. Mac and his Grandpa!

This seems to be the only way I get in any pictures now.

Can you tell he was having fun? What a face!

Wanting to swim in the ocean!

Grandma was laying on the floor and baby T came up to her and started to snuggle. It was too cute!

A P-O-P ride! So Hubs was telling Mac that we could go on a boat ride, except that Hubs spelled out B-O-A-T when he told him so that Mac wouldn't freak out and want to go right that second. The smart little guy that he is figured out what Hubs was talking about and then he kept asking if he could go on a P-O-P ride, trying to say what Daddy had told him. It was pretty cute!

Like I said. The only way for me to get in a picture.

Mac has taken an interest in taking pictures with my camera lately.
You can tell which pictures are his.

Helping Daddy drive the boat.

He has finally mastered the art of eating otter-pops. He was having trouble figuring out how to get them to work right.

The best shot of just the boys.

The girls and their grandma!

Another Mac shot!

When we got home, I spent a couple of hours washing both cars. The gray car was filthy from our trip and the white one literally has not been washed in years. That one took alot of elbow grease. After I was done, we had to pull the cars out of the driveway and I spent 30 minutes just washing off the driveway from all the dirt, mud and debris. YIKES!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I think the 4th is moving up as one of my favorite holidays too. I have always loved it, but it's a fun one to celebrate with kids. You guys look like you have so much fun. I loved all the pictures, especially all your cute nieces. Glad you guys had so much fun, what an awesome tradition!!!

Julee and Matt said...

What great pictures!! It looks like another great time at the Lake House. I can't believe how big all the kids are getting.

Ashley said...

Love to see another child who only needs to wear blue on the 4th, seeing as how their hair is flaming red and their skin in glow-in-the-dark white.

Jealous of how much fun you guys had!!