Friday, March 5, 2010

Mac Funnies ~ February 2010



I just started singing “Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...” from Nemo. And Mac looks at me and says “Dori swimming...I want to watch Nemo!” So we had to go and watch Nemo.

I coughed, and Mac patted me over and over and said “excuse you Mommy, excuse you Mommy!”
We went on a walk and we heard a dog barking. I said to Mac “do you hear the doggy?” And he whispered back to me, “no it's a puppy!”

We were getting ready for church. Hubs was about to leave because he had to go earlier than us. And Mac really wanted to go to church and he didn't like the idea of Daddy going without him (even though that happens every week). I kept on reassuring him that we were still going to go to church but Daddy had to leave right then. He then went to the kitchen table where I had been preparing our bags for church. Hubs and I were standing at the doorway and we hear a thud, and here comes Mac dragging his huge, heavy church bag, saying “I want to go to church, have my church bag!” He was ready to go!

We had gotten a flat tire and had the spare on the car until we could get it fixed. Mac was checking it out and told me that it was a “police car wheel”. Probably because the rim is black on it, we assume.

He was playing with some new wood blocks that he got for Valentines day. And Hubs and I were doing other things to get ready for church. All of a sudden we hear him start chanting “triangle-triangle-triangle...” Hubs and I look at each other and say did you teach him that, and neither of us had taught him that. So we asked him what a triangle was and he looked in his pile of blocks and found a triangle. Hubs figures that he learned it on Sesame Street.

We were driving home from church and listening to the Itsy-Bitsy Spider and Mac started talking about the sun and the rain. And he informed me that the “sun isn't out and the rain comes down, and he needs an umbrella.”

He fell asleep on the way to church and when we pulled into the parking lot and he wakes up and the first words out of his mouth are “I DON'T want to go to church!”

Mac had been running around the house and being crazy then all of a sudden he leaned up against the wall and was panting and gasped “I am SO tired!” Then took off running again.

Mac was going to go home with my parents and I was in the back seat of my Dad's truck making sure that Mac's car seat was secure. And Mac is on the ground watching me do this and he kept repeating “Be careful Mommy! Be careful Mommy!”

Anytime he stands on something that is higher than the ground he always has to proclaim “Look Mommy, I'm TALL!”

Hubs was getting Mac in the car seat and Mac told him that he wanted to drive. Hubs told Mac that he had to wait for 14 years. Mac replied with “14 YEARRRRS??? Hubs said “YEP!” And then Mac said “I don't WANT 14 years!!”

2 comments:

Ashley said...

the triangle thing is from sesame street, i just can't remember what sketch (i heard the tune in my head when i read the words)

We have this thing where we're trying to figure out where Julia learned to fake-snore. They pick up the funniest things.

"14 years" is a riot though!!

Danielle said...

Kids say the darndest things. I love it. Every McCoy quote made me smile. What a stinking cutie.