Monday, February 11, 2008

MY Life...

life isn't a destination - it's a journey. we all come upon unexpected curves & turning points, mountaintops & valleys. everything that happens to us shapes who we are becoming. and in the adventure of each day, we discover the best in ourselves.

-anonymous.



I loved this quote when I found it! I instantly related because of our adventure in becoming parents.

I have been asked by a friend if I wished I could go back and change the fact that we couldn't have kids. And I knew my answer right away.

NO!

I love the people Hubs and I have become, as INDIVIDUALS and as ETERNAL COMPANIONS. I think we are and will be better PARENTS. We also have the opportunity to feel true COMPASSION and EMPATHY towards those who have gone through similar trials. We can TEACH, HELP and be shoulders to cry on. I feel so much closer to the SAVIOR and I have felt his LOVE every step of the way. We have been blessed with the most amazing MIRACLE of ADOPTION. We have been blessed with Mac!


So NO, I wouldn't change a thing!


As I always say, "Blessings come through trials!"
And I truly have a testimony of that!

13 comments:

dust and kam said...

Even though we have not adopted yet, I totally agree with you Brenley. I love the people that Dustyn and I have become through our trials and experiences related to adoption. I love the way my ideals have changed and the way my heart has expanded and filled with love. I love the relationship I/we have with my/our Savior. Adoption truly is a blessing that I am so grateful for would never change.

Thanks for letting us be a part of your adoption and sharing your thoughts and feelings. :) You make me smile!

mrs. r said...

i feel the same way.

{Anne} said...

I love this post. Fantastic and SO true. You left a comment on our blog yesterday and I would love for you to add us to your adoption friends list. I may have to start one of those on my blog too. Good idea. Your little McCoy is just precious. I am so happy for you. Adoption is the greatest blessing in the world.
Anne

Julee and Matt said...

I think that is the best quote for your adventure and just for all of us with life! I LOVE YOU!

Jen said...

Amen to that! I gave a lesson on trials last Sunday and even though it has been a few years since I have felt the heartache of wanting a child I still remember the great experience we had with having each of our children. I wouldn't change a thing. Well maybe not having to spend as much!:) Glad you are back!!!!!

Carlotta said...

note to self- don't check emails or comments on blog. warning- might cry! Thank you for your comment. Came when it was MUCH needed. It's good to have pics of Mr. Mac back up. He is SO cute. Just want to squeeze this baby! Hope the sunshine is staying around a little bit. It is amazing how much it helps. I got so much done on friday when it was out for us. =) Take care. Hope all is well with "C". I think about her often.

Desiree said...

Hi Brenley, I have loved reading your adoption story, what an amazing experience. I was so excited to find your blog and see your sweet little boy. Melody has been keeping me updated on everything but I was so excited to be able to read about it myself. Oh, and this blog is so touching too. I can definitely relate!
Desiree

Emily said...

I'm so glad you guys had a good experience and wouldn't want to change it. You will be able to touch the live of lots of people through what you have experienced.

jem said...

beautiful picture-wonderful thought! and i know you couldn't picture your life with anyone but McCoy!

The Moon's said...

So glad to see you back, you truly are amazing! I agree with our journey as I know you do yours. You are a talented and special woman, your famil is so lucky to have you!

Lawther family said...

Each time I read your blog I almost cry. It makes me very aware of how lucky I am and what an amazing gift a child is. Thank you for the reminder that my blessings are endless with my children. You are amazing and I am so glad your trials have helped you grow in your life and have brought you the joy and love of little McCoy.

kimsueellen said...

You are so inspiring. I love your words today. Welcome back. I have misssed you! ;)

The Michiganders said...

ditto.