Sunday, October 16, 2016

Lots of reading and family visits...


These were introduced to Mac and he is OBSESSED! He has read them all at least three times. And he is asking for the whole set for Christmas. 


Is this not the cutest picture you have ever seen?! Oak reading to Gloria our pet chicken. She loves our chickens and spends at least an hour everyday out playing with them, well mostly Gloria. 


Oak finished her first reading chart. She has earned herself a trip to Jump N Jax. Just like Mac, her reading improved so much from doing this chart. 


My Aunt and Uncle (my moms brother) came to visit. It was such a nice visit. One night I let the kids stay up a bit later and listen to my Uncle and mom tell stories of when they were kids and my Uncle read us some poems he has written over the years. It was such a sweet moment. Mac attached himself to my Uncle just like he was his Grandpa. It was so sweet to see. 


My Uncle served in the US Navy and Mac loves that his Grandpa did too. It also just happend to be the birthday for the US Navy so we had to get this photo. LOVE!



Oak and I played Farkle to help with her math. 


Cute girl reading to me. 


My kids love our tradition of pizza picnic and movie night on Fridays. They don't like to miss it for anything. Hopefully it stays that way when they are teenagers. Love having traditions like this. 


The kids had their Primary Program and Grandma and Grandpa came for a quick visit to watch them. 

Sunday 42


I bought this cute fabric for grandma to make Oak a skirt with. It turned out SO CUTE!


Oak was giggling so much playing thumb war with grandpa.

1 comment:

quailene said...

What book series is Mac reading? I'm always looking for new ideas for my 9 year old son. He loves to be read to but doesnt love reading on his own. We occasionally find a book he loves and readsnthrough quickly, but usually its a battle to get him to read more than a few minutes.

BTW...I love the Gloria pics. I've never seen a chicken so attached to humans and so loved by humans. :)