Sunday, October 9, 2016

Lots of learning and reading...

In all my posts you will have to ignore the sideways or upside down photos. No matter what I do they never stay turned right. 


We have been learning about Vikings for school so we were making rune stones and writing on them with viking alphabet. 


Oak's hanging out with the chickens. She goes out every single day to play with them. 


Our finished rune stones and our read a loud that talks about vikings. It was a great book. 


Oak and I had fun making these for math for her. 


The kids had friends over and we showed them how insta photos work. They thought it was so cool. 


We were learning about our lungs so we played a little game of blowing puff balls. 


For Mac's stay up late night he wanted to do genealogy. He loves family history. 


Mac found that I am related to some royalty of Denmark which was a cool find while we have been learning about vikings and the book we were reading is set in Denmark. 


We finished The BFG and we loved it. It was hard to pick a new read a loud and these were my picks. The kids ended up picking Homer Price. We are loving that book too. 


The boy reading. 


The kids left on a bike ride with grandma on a beautiful day. I stayed home and took a shower because I didn't feel very well. 


They have been getting a long so much better lately. The was a sweet sight to find. 


This is pretty much how my family room looks on a regular basis. But at least it is all books. 


Sorry it's upside down. Mac had to write a paragraph describing someone. He chose Oak. I loved this so much. 


Saturday was "Saturday cleaning" day. Which is a thorough cleaning of rooms. During the week I allow them to just pick up and not make a fuss over being spotless. I dread doing this with the kids but it is a necessity. They hate it too. Mac had so  much junk behind his bed and decided he wanted to spend an hour throwing a fit about picking up the stuff behind his bed instead of taking five minutes to clean it up. That it why I hate it so much. 


Sunday forty-one


I made this dish on Sunday and it was the yummiest thing I have ever made. HERE is the recipe. 

1 comment:

James and Elizabeth said...

I love all the book pictures. You get me all excited to read more with my kids.