Sunday, July 17, 2016

Eggs, eggs, chickens, eggs and a trolley...


A good long time friend called and said she was going to stop by on her way home to Vegas and the kids had been begging to make fruit kabobs so it seemed like a good opportunity. They were yummy!


The kids have been obsessed with bats. So here they are practicing I guess. 


We found our first chicken egg. It was on the ground because the chickens didn't have access to the coop that day. The week we kept the chickens in the coop until about 10am so that they would lay their eggs in the nesting boxes. 





A girl and her chicken.


Apparently this is the happening place when you are a chicken. It must be cool. 


Leaving the chickens in the coop for the morning helped because we found our second egg in the nesting box. 


Oak was showing off her crooked pinky so we could send it to her aunt who is also part of the cool crooked pinky club. 


My mom and I made dilly beans. The house smelled so good!




The kids hanging out with Gloria.


Yes, that is Gloria wrapped in a blanket. 



Oak lost her fifth tooth. One day it was so loose and literally hanging by a thread but she wouldn't let anyone touch it or pull it and she wouldn't eat anything because it hurt. She pretty much whined and cried all day and made everyone miserable. So thanks to the advice from my SIL I went in after she fell asleep and flicked it out with out her waking up. Thankfully she wasn't mad and was so excited when she woke up and realized it was gone. 

My hot hubby working on the chicken run. I love to watch him work. 


The kids made a little house for Gloria. 


Me and my boy!


Our first four eggs top to bottom. 


I had been wanting to take my mom and husband on the trolley historical tour of the town we live in and we were finally able to do it. 




Oak making scrambled eggs with our new chicken eggs. 

Sunday 29

No comments: