Monday, April 25, 2016

Our annual post tax season vacation...


The last few years we have taken a vacation as soon as tax season is over. We so look forward to it! I want to go back to it!

We finally made it to the redwoods! Oak loves bears.


Hi there Paul!



HUGE!!



The tram is new since the last time I was there, way before I was married. It was fun!


At the top of where the tram takes you. 


Excuse my fake looking smile. One week post surgery and my jaw was still out of wack. No matter how hard I tried my smiles looked fake. 


Oak loved the tram. 






My parents lived in Klamath when the first couple of years of their marriage. However the Klamath we went to wasn't the original Klamath because the original Klamath was washed away in a flood when my parents lived there. It was much smaller than I anticipated. 


We stayed the night in Klamath and found a beach to walk before dinner. 



The kids looked so cute with their backpacks and suitcases. 


After the redwoods we drove up the coast to Bandon. We stopped at the cheese factory/creamery and watched them make squeaky cheese. 


And of course we had to get ice cream. 



Then we headed to the beach in Bandon. It was SOOOO windy. But we found a little cove that protected us a bit and at least it was warm. 


Aren't they the cutest!? Everyone of facebook kept on saying how much they look like twins in this picture. 


Oak loved the beach. 








Then we stopped to see Hubs's grandma and grandpa before heading to our families lake house. 


We were going to roasts marshmallows but it started raining right after we got there so we watched a movie and made brownies instead. 


We only stopped at the lakehouse to stay the night and the next morning we headed to my in-laws to drop the kids off so Hubs and I could leave on a two night getaway to celebrate our anniversary. 


After dropping the kids off we headed back to the coast and the weather was beautiful. Hubs and I sat out and just watched the ocean before heading to dinner. The next day it rained and was so stormy and nasty and we just went to the outlet mall and then we just ate chips and layed on the bed and watched movies and tv. It was actually so relaxing. We stayed someplace we had never stayed before and we loved it. 


15 years married to this handsome guy! Man I love him! He is the best and I love being with him. 


Meanwhile the kids had a blast with grandma and grandpa hiking in the rain. 



She found these glasses at grandma's and she loved them. 


They are the best in-laws!


We finally came home and the kids went straight to playing legos. 

1 comment:

James and Elizabeth said...

oh wow. What a fun vacation. I've always wanted to take the kids to the redwoods. Someday. Your cuties are just so cute. Glad you had a wonderful time