Sunday, February 7, 2016

school and fun...


Some friends bought my kids the Pie Face game. My kids loved it!


A friend and also homeschool mom is putting together a spelling bee for some homeschool kids. Mac is pretty excited about it. 


I finally broke out the geo boards. The kids have been loving it. I on the other hand am not liking the rubberbands I am finding everywhere. But all in the name of education.


Oak has been begging to make yogurt, berry and granola parfaits. They were so yummy!


She is beautiful!


So I changed up our school routine a bit a couple of weeks ago. It's still a work in progress but this has been my favorite part of our new routine. We call it "breakfast school". While we are eating breakfast we listen to the song they are learning in primary for the month. Then we read a scripture that goes with a weekly theme. And we discuss it. This week is "honesty". Then we read a story out of the scripture story readers. My kids love these. Then we do five minutes of quiet, personal scripture reading and then we talk about what we read or share a scripture we liked from our reading. This whole routine really sets the tone for our day and I have noticed Mac is more focused on school work afterwards.



I thought this was hilarious. Mac doesn't like honey so he wrote this at the bottom of one of his english worksheets.


Oak wearing a sweater that was mine when I was a little girl. Both her and I share a love for sweaters. 


Grandma hurt her knee pretty bad so she couldn't come up stairs for meals for a couple of days. So one night we brought dinner down to her. It was fun and made grandma feel good. The kids loved setting the table and go a flower in a vase for the middle of the table and Mac made menus. 


The kids learned how to embroider. I just loved their focus tongues. 




This boy has been reading more and more on his free time. It makes me giddy!


We arebleaving one era of childhood behind and starting a new. My kids clothes kept falling off their hangers and I was washing way more clothes than needed because my kids would just pick up everything off the floor to wash it. So we are starting the transition from baby hangers to big hangers. Makes me a little sad to say goodbye to that part of having kids. 


Daddy has been trying to get as much saturday work done around the house and property as he can while the weather is good and before he has to start working saturdays for tax season. 


We ordered another two cords of wood. The kids loved climbing it against my better judgment. Thankfully no one was hurt. 


My mom and I went on a date to the movie. We saw The Choice. 

No comments: