Tuesday, February 16, 2016

mud, reading and Valentine's Day...


Monday morning my kids woke up with so much energy. Which in turn zapped the energy out of me. 


The weather was nice and warm enough to be outside alot. 


The kids loved playing in the  mud!!!






I saw alot of this from Mac through the week. Makes my homeschooling, Mama heart happy!


We have a new member of the family. My sister-in-law had her beautiful baby girl. She has so much hair!!! I wish I could go and see her and snuggle her. I hate that they live in Utah. 


Oak did an alphabet hunt. 


The kids made their own Valentines again this year. They turned out so cute!


Grandma C was with her new grandbaby so she wasn't able to have her traditional grandkid V-day party. But she did send the kids a V-day package.




Oak and I have been reading this! I did an oral report on her in the fifth grade and she totally fascinates me. Oak likes her because they have the same name. These books about famous people's childhoods are so great. 


One of the nights we were reading Annie Oakle, it was talking about how her little sister was playing paper dolls. Oak asked what a paper doll was. And the very next day we were at Goodwill and I found this! I was so excited! She loved it, except for the fact that she didn't think they were as "fun" as she thought they were going to be.





We got our homeschool book shipment in! And the kids mostly were excited for a box to play in.


We got these and Mac has been loving them. I was planning on reading them to the kids but Mac picked them up on his own and has been devouring them.



This was our Thursday morning. Mac crying on the floor saying, "This is the worst Thursday ever!"


Mac begged all week to FT with his cousin so they could talk Pokemon cards. It finally happened and they were hilarious to listen to. 


Another day of mud, fun, being hosed down and another load of laundry.


Woke up one morning and found Mac like this.


We were asked to bring a snack to a V-day party and we decided to try making pretzels for the first time. They turned out so yummy! We will for sure be making them again. 


My attempt at doing Oak's hair for the V-day party. 


At the V-day party they made chocolate bowls for ice cream. 


The kids thought it was super yummy!


We finally got the rest of our wood stacked. This is how Oak does work in style. 


Putting them to work.


You would think that they were watching a movie but they were actually just listening to the Disney station on Pandora and wanted to eat in Oak's room so they could still listen. 


Saturday the local county museum had a free day and a living history civil war era event. The kids loved it all!


Mac spent a good 20  minutes talking guns with the guys. He got his love for civil war and guns from his Grandpa Dick.




Oak got to weave. Oh man she loved it! She loves to be creative with her hands.




I was commenting on how big Mac's feet looked so he had to go and get his newborn footprints and compare. 


They got these cute stuffed dogs from Grandma. So cute! These two love stuffed animals. 


I didn't get out a single V-day decoration this year. But on V-day we decided to have a fancy dinner and get out some decorations, pull out my moms' china, got out my vintage cloth napkins and the goblets. And Oak learned how to set a table properly and Mac learned about pulling a chair out for a lady when they sit down. And there was no complaining about the food ! 

1 comment:

James and Elizabeth said...

Your blog always makes me so happy. I love seeing all the fun things you do. Love the mud pictures, the Life of Fred books are great and Oak is 100% adorable.