Monday, November 3, 2014

School, Halloween fun and chicken!


This was from last Sunday when they moved the couches and built a fort.




Love these two and all their spunk.




When we dropped Oak off at preschool I happened to park next to a little spot of wild flowers. While I was walking Oak to the door I came back to the van and found Mac had picked me one. So sweet!


I randomly taught Mac how to write his name in cursive. This was his first attempt.
He is pretty interested so I am thinking of getting a cursive curriculum for him. 


This was later in the day on his own.


Loved the ninja turtle drawing he did. 


On Monday's I get each of the kids by themselves for a couple of hours. And I love it! My kids are so much more well behaved when they are by themselves. 


Before daddy left for work one morning, he taught Mac some simple algebra. He got it pretty quickly but I am in no hurry for him to algebra. 


Oak came up to me like this and said, "I'm Batgirl!"


We had a great visit to the library for a bunch of books.


Oak's scissor skills are getting so good. This girl spends most of her day, coloring, drawing, cutting, gluing and taping. I am not kidding!


The kids right before we left to the library Halloween party. Our ward did not do a halloween party so I was excited to find that the library was doing one. 


Crafting witch hats. Black paint and glitter, I was a wreck as were all the other mothers.




Oak heading to her Halloween preschool party. Her posing lately is hilarious.


Some newer friends of ours invited us to bowling to celebrate their sons 3rd birthday. It was a blast!


This is how our bed looks everynight before bed. Our new routine after jammies and teeth brushing is sitting on our bed to read scriptures together and then daddy reads a chapter book. We just recently finished Indian In The Cupboard. And we plan on watching the movie now. Next on our list is Paul Bunyan. 


Oak has been waking up early and when she is awake she wants everyone else awake too. Brother was not awake yet and she was mad I wouldn't let her wake him up so she pouted and waited by his door. 


This was the sunrise one morning this week. Breathtaking!


She is so stinking cute!


I came downstairs in the morning and found Oak making her own breakfast. Then she proceeded to rinse all of her dishes off in the sink. Why do they have to grow up?!


The day before we had a math lesson on counting by 2s. He can get to 12 but was having a hard time with past that. Then when he was counting his pennies he says, "look mom, I can count my money by 2s." And he did perfectly! So proud. This kid really is a math wiz!


Writing their pen pals that live in Virginia. They love doing this!


I got a new shelving unit to use for all of our books. With homeschooling we plan on reading many many more throughout the years and needed someplace to put it. I decided to make our wide hallway upstairs into a little reading nook and store all the books there. 


The kids helping me with the instructions. 


And the finished product. When Hubs came home from lunch he had to help me tighten a few screws. 


Oak sparring in TKD. I need to get a picture of her face when she does it. It is hilarious. She has got quite the mean face going on.


We ordered 80 pounds of raw chicken breast from Zaycon. It barely fit in my fridge! Good thing I hadn't gone grocery shopping in awhile and we had very little food in the house. 


Saturday morning daddy tackled the chicken with a bit of help from me. We cooked some to shred, we cut some in pieces and the rest we bagged as breast and made some chicken broth. It should last us about 6 months when Zaycon is ready for another chicken event. 



Oak's french bread pizza creation.


Our Happy Sabbath pic this week. I love them!


Sunday snuggles.


Then Oak wanted to do my hair like Anna and me do her hair like Elsa.

After the kids went to sleep Sunday night I did an online meeting to learn more about Thomas Jefferson Education for homeschooling. It was really interesting and informative.

No comments: