Tuesday, November 11, 2014

meltdowns, homeschool, leaf throwing and Time Out For Women


With the time change of course I would have little munchkins in my bed early. 


The sun rises have been amazing lately!


Oak woke up one morning in just a mood. This first picture she was crying about a multiple reasons none of which I was totally sure about. 


Then I said we  needed to do her hair. 


Then while all that was happening, after Mac had already been told not to scare his sister, he decided to when she was already upset, and it did not go well. Timeout!

Then I found her smile, thank goodness.


Then they had fun playing "library". 


She looked awfully cute on the way to Preschool.


Rocking out to The Piano Guys Cello Wars on the way to preschool. 


After we dropped Oak off at preschool I asked Mac what he would like to learn and that it could be anything. Our learning is limitless! He got all excited and said he wanted to learn about deep sea creatures. Then he said to me, "Mom, I don't want to go back to school where I have to sit at a desk all day. I love that I can learn anything that I want and that we do school for a couple hours and have fun the rest of the day." It made me happy. 


So after Mac had told me about learning the different zones of the ocean we ended up doing this. We looked up then names of the zones and I had Mac write them down and then we found out what creatures lived in each zone and we printed out pictures and names and he glued them on. It was the funnest project and we both learned alot. 

Oak is constantly drawing, writing, coloring, cutting and taping (She prefers this over playing with toys). And when I say constantly I would say about 75-80 % of her day is doing this. This is one of her quiet time projects above. 


Oak came to me looking like this and said she was a pirate preparing to fight with this face and all. 


I am always impressed with Oak's coloring.


Mac and Hubs got to go on a field trip with the homeschool center. They went to a logging museum. And Mac really loved it!



I just thought this was funny!


Mac getting creative with names.


He brought me a note that I written to him awhile ago and responded to it at the bottom. So sweet!


Getting along for the moment! Love them so much!

Just a cutie with his "chew blankey"


We went to albertons to get just a few things since it is the closest to our house. When we were in the produce section an employee gave us a card they can use every time we come to get a free banana or a free bag of apples. So great! love this idea to help kids eat healthy.


One day it was just too nice of a day and so we headed to the park. It was between 3 and 4:30. Not one single kid was there or showed up at the park while we were there. I was kind of shocked. Anyway, when we first got to the park, instead of going to the play ground, they ran straight for the leaves and got right to work on building a pile of leaves. 


I had fun trying to take cool pics when they were throwing leaves. 



Then we had to roll down the hill for a bit. 


And then just had fun taking cool pics. 





This was a leaf Mac found while we were at the park that he had to bring home. I wanted him to write about what we did at the park and this is all he wrote. 


Oak had gotten some leaves in the yard of her preschool and had to bring them home. She got right to work at gluing them to a piece of paper. 


A moment that I was like "awww, they are getting along." Then literally one second after I took the picture they started fighting. haha!


For our third year in a row we went to Time Out for Women in Portland. As always it was so much fun. 


I love that my nieces are able to go. 


Daddy went to his parents house to stay there with the kids. These are few pics he sent me while I was at TOFW.


Oak has made friends with Benji. He can be hard to like sometimes because he is a bit crazy.


We stayed at my in laws house after TOFW and were able to go to the Oregon Conference broadcast for church at their ward building. And before church the kids had to get a little benji loving in. And then a bath because they both smelled like wet dog. 


Oak went up to daddy and said, "Daddy can you do me a favor...can you play the piano while I play the guitar."


We got to see our good friends from our old ward. 


Other things that happened during the week:

Tuesday when the boys were at the field trip I was washing dishes and the water just stopped. I called the land lord and he said he was on his way over to look at it. I didn't hear back from him for nearly two hours so I call back and he said that his son (who owns the building we are in) was out of town and did not pay the water bill. Lovely! 

We also went over to another homeschool families (from our ward) house to make bird feeders out of pine cones. The kids had a great time playing too. 

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Glad to hear we aren't the only family that rocks out to cello wars in the van. I always wonder if people think I'm a total rapster listening to that song, it has some good beat! My kids love it too.