Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween!

Halloween is not my favorite holiday. I don't go crazy overboard, I don't like to dress up, although I love chocolate (ALOT!) I dislike all the candy being so handy to me and my kids, I don't like all the spook and gory stuff. But this year I tried to make it a fun day for my kids. I went way out of my comfort zone and made fun (somewhat healthy) foods for my kids for the day (to hopefully counteract all the candy). It was a success! 


So we had NO food in our house. It had been way too long since I had been grocery shopping (there was no time this week) and I needed the room in my fridge for our Zaycon chicken breast order. So I had planned on just making pancakes for dinner but then it turned into pumpkin shaped pancakes, then we decided to color them, then decided to use the mini choco chips I had left over from Oak's birthday. They turned out so cute!


We drink water about 99% of the time. Sometimes I give my kids milk as a treat and they loved this "ghost milk" and then just some pears.



So we finally went grocery shopping and I had a list of things I wanted to get for food the rest of the day. I thought their lunch turned out super cute! Mummy dogs, ghost cheese and a silly apple mouth. My kids aren't huge fans of hotdogs so they mostly just ate the bread dough off it. 


Snack later was veggie spiders and a banana ghost. This was a hit, even with my veggie hating kid. 


Then for dinner we made french bread pizza. And tried to make them look like mummies. 



Just as we got done and got dressed, the skies cleared after pouring down all day long. We decided to drive to a different neigborhood that has sidewalks. But first we had to stop by Sis Hills house. She used to be Mac's primary teacher and he adores her!

The ninja and unicorn. 



While we were out trick or treating the sky was amazing. It almost seemed to glow. It was a beautiful night. 


We also ended up running into some friends from our Ward and ended up trick or treating with them. The kids had a blast and it was definitely more fun to be going with friends. 

No comments: