Sunday, August 17, 2014

tea party, rain, fair and gma & gpa visit!


There have been a ton of thunder storms lately. I was sitting on the couch reading a book and look up at the two windows and noticed that one window looked like a beautiful day and the other one looked dark and stormy. Just thought it was cool.


I have been reading a lot (for me) lately. I made a goal to read five books this summer and I am happy to say I reached that goal!! One Sunday Hubs and I sat down and we each started a new book. A few hours later Hubs FINISHED his (the big book on top) and then you can see how far I got by my book mark. He is a speed reader along with all of his family. love it!


The clutter and mess in our house was driving me nuts and making me a very grumpy mommy and wife. So Monday morning we got up and I had the kids come room to room with me to clean up, get rid of junk and organize. They didn't like it much but actually did quite well with helping. Their favorite thing to do was clean the toilets. We have three so they had plenty of practice. 


Oak's last day being THREE!


Picture for some reason don't show the awesomeness of her bed head. I always love her bed head in the morning.


The kids were begging to have a real tea party. I gave in as long as they dressed up!




I think this is one of my favorite pictures ever!



I make the kids take a quiet time every day after lunch. There was only five minutes left and I heard Mac humming to himself then all of a sudden fall silent. I looked over and he was OUT!


We had a downpour one day. It rarely rains here so we were excited! Oak really wanted to use her new sprinkler this day but I told her there was a heavenly sprinkler if she wanted to go out and play in it. She was game! 


Love this!


She was so excited to find a worm. She loves them!


I got this great first grade science book for $2 at goodwill. Excited to figure out how to use it for homeschool.


A beautiful scene as we walked into the county fair. 


The kids have been begging to go to the fair and have asked pretty much everytime we drive by the fair grounds if they can go. Finally it was here! We went expecting to spend a good $100, but because it was such a small fair we spent way less than that. The kids got in free and it was only $3 per person.


I think the favorite think was petty an alligator name Darth Gator, and talking to a parrot.


They were so excited for this. Oak screamed, laughed and had a smile the whole time. Mac just looked like he was going to throw up, but he liked it.





I was mopping the floor so they took advantage and made a pirate ship with the chairs. Mac is walking the plank and Oak is steeting. 


Friday grandma and grandpa (hubs parents) came to visit for the first time. We were so excited for them to come. We decided to go to Crater Lake since we hadn't gotten up there yet since we moved there. We are only an hour away. 


Mac loved it, especially how blue it was.



Grandma and grandpa stayed in a hotel so that they could take the kids swimming. 


Saturday while the boys went fishing the girls had fun shopping at antique shops. We also went on the trolley tour ride.


Boys had a ton of fun fishing!








Oak's Elsa dress finally came! It was our gift to her for her birthday but we could not get it here in time. She loves it! And I am pretty pleased with the quality of it. 


Because Saturday was also Mac's forever day so we celebrated with some ice cream with grandparents before they headed back home. 



After such a long day she was tired and really grumpy when I said it was time to go to bed. This was after  plenty of warning. She was on one!! It took alot of patience but I finally got her bathed and in bed, but not with out a lot of fit throwing and pouting and random bursts of anger.


No comments: