Monday, August 4, 2014

girls camp, sick, silliness and summer fun...


Some pillow treats I made (with my moms help) for girls camp. The girls loved them!


So I totally fell in love with girls camp all over again. Camp Ester Applegate was beautiful and I so loved all the leaders and YW. They were all wonderful!


Oak was so excited when I got home. She always hates when we leave and also gives the best homecomings there is. She screamed "mom", jumped up and ran and jumped into my arms giving me the tightest hug and not letting go for like ten minutes. It was the best welcome home ever!


So while I was gone Oak started coughing and it gradually got worse and sounded terrible, her nights were the worst because her coughing would wake her up and she just wasn't sleeping well. This is how I found Hubs and Oak the morning after I got home. Since she had been exposed to whooping cough/pertussis just a couple of weeks earlier, Hubs took her into the immediate care and they prescribed her the antibiotics just in case she had ended up with it. I am pretty sure she did, since her cough sounded just like what I had read it sounded like. Not a normal cough. We kept her home until she was done with the antibiotics. Mac never had any symptoms thankfully. 


The kids got a coupon for ice cream from finishing a week of the library reading program so we got some while at at the store waiting for Oaks meds.


This girl cracks me up sometimes with all her accessories. She has really been loving bracelets lately. 


Mac was making a comic book. I thought that this was really cute!


Some fun mustaches from the dollar tree.


hilarious!!




Oak has been a bit obsessed with rainbows. 


After being away from home for a couple of weeks and then me away from home for a week. The kids had a really rough week getting back in to our routine. Mac did NOT want to clean his room. The rule in our house is no breakfast until room is picked up and you are dressed. So he spent more than 3 hours crying instead of taking 10 minutes to get it clean. It was lovely!


Oak is insistent that she can read grown up books. She says she read it in her head. It is pretty cute! I can't wait for her to actually learn to read.


So it was a friends birthday and they invited us to go and do the tour trolley for K Falls with them. This is Mac with his best friend J!


Oak is obsessed with this cute girl!



We went to their house afterward and played in the pool.


We were invited to the park and splash pad for our neighbors little boys birthday part. This is Oak's best neighbor friends. They are so cute together and they get along so well. 


We loved the splash pad. Especially Mac. Of course the water gun was Mac's favorite!

We stopped at Petco and the kids get so excited that all I hear the whole time is "mom, mama, mommy" about a million times!


Saturday we headed to Medford to go to the mall then decided to stop at Lake of The Woods on the way home.  We didn't stay very long but the kids always love swimming.

It has been very smokey here this last week because of a ton of wild fires around.
Also, I forgot my phone to take a picture but Friday night our Stake had a Fun Run to celebrate pioneer day. Both Hubs and I did the kid mile run with the kids then someone from our ward talked me into doing the 3k. I actually really enjoyed it and the miracle is that I didn't end up with a migraine. I really would love to start running again. 


No comments: