Sunday, August 10, 2014

rainbow loom and lots of other fun...


So one night we were all a little bored so we went to the craft store in search of something we could do. Hubs came home with stuff to crochet and we also came home with a mini set to make rainbow loom bracelets. I thought that the kids would not be able to figure it out and I would be doing all the work. They sure proved me wrong. They both picked up on it the first try!


Oak who is about to turn 4 picked up on it so easily I was so shocked! 


We went up to my parents house and one warm evening we went and got ice cream at their walk-up Dairy Queen. It was fun!


These kids love spending time with their grandparents.


Hubs and I had an appointment in Portland and so the kids spent the day doing fun things with their grandparents. One was taking them to Enchanted Forest. The kids loved it! And my mom said that it was the best day ever!


They had a bit of time left so they went to the Capital building and the kids got to play in the water fountains.


Me and my silly girl!


We went on a walk one evening with grandma.



We had date nights (kindof). Hubs needed to run an errand  and wanted to go bowling. Since Oak hates bowling he took her on his errand and got her ice cream then took Mac bowling. I had a date with the kids at home when he took the other. Mac and I played cars and Oak and I watched a movie. 


The kids wanted a watermelon. Mac insisted on holding it and dropped it a few times. (And when we finally cut it up it did not look good inside).


I let the kids draw faces on each side.



So I finally got a photo of the Temple up in my home! The kids both have one up in their rooms, but I had not gotten around to getting one up in our living space. 


One night it was too nice to just sit at home and the kids had energy to burn. We took an extra long walk and it was just so nice out. 


The kids were actually being silly, not sweet.


One part of the path was so beautiful I just wanted to sit and look at it forever.


This boy does not like walks, never has. He struggled half-way through the walk so I had to do a lot of distracting, but when we turned around and headed back he did great!


Another pretty view! The pic does not really show how beautiful it really was to see. 


One part of the trail had these huge wishing dandelions.


After we got home, daddy read all the library books to the kids before they got ready for bed. 


Saturday we went in search of a chest freezer to be able to store more food. The kids had fun pretending to shower.


We also had a "tractor race" on the way out of the store. Oak said she won!


I went to a garage sale nearby that had school stuff. I got a few books but most of it was marked up way too high for a garage sale. This was my favorite find. And Mac is of course obsessed with it! We already did a few experiments from it. And it will be a great addition to our homeschool year. 


The kids melting ice with salt.


Last minute on saturday afternoon we decided to go to Lake of the Woods. It was so fun since daddy and I both got in the water. Hubs loves swimming and he was having a blast with the kids. On the way home we stopped to get ice cream. 
(We sure do get a lot of ice cream for a mommy who doesn't like it!)


No comments: