Friday, April 12, 2013

A little bit about our Oak...




 Oak is in a stage I think a lot of kids, probably mostly girls, go through. I knew it would happen eventually with her. She likes to changes her clothes...A LOT! On average she goes through about three outfits a day. At least one of those outfits is her ballerina clothes, and another would be a skirt of some sort. Sometimes she has such an urge, like this morning, that she gets down in the middle of breakfast to go find something else to wear. I feel like my laundry load has doubled all of a sudden and there are clothes strewn about the house constantly. Most of the time I just go with the flow and let her change as much as she wants, but someways it just wears on me. But mostly I am just grateful I have this beautiful little girl in my life and I get to watch her go through all of these cute and typical girl stages.

She also has a favorite sweater that she has to be wearing at all times. Awake and asleep. She calls it her "cozy sweater" because, as she says, "It's SO comfortable." She has to show and tell everyone about it.


She is starting to learn her letters. She recognizes about ten letters correctly (A, B, W, T, F, L, O, S, V, M are the ones I can think of). She can write the letter A, although it is usually upside down.

She can quote movies really well. She will just randomly blurt them out through out the day. The other day she had gone potty and hadn't put her underwear on yet but was up at the sink washing her hands. As she was playing around in the sink and trying to wash her hands, she started shaking her little bare bum and started yelling, 'BEST DAY EVER!" from Tangled.

She can do the whole potty thing pretty much on her own, with out much help. Although, playing in the sink and making a huge mess when she should be washing her hands has been a bit of a problem.


She talks REALLY well!

Big words I have heard her use recently: comfortable, disappointed, respectful.

Phrases she uses that crack me up: "You betcha!" and "Sure is!"

She doesn't say her R's very well and words like "more" sounds like "maww".

She has a great memory and remembers everything.


Funnies:
Grandma Wilma was staying the night and Oak kept on asking her (as if she was worried that she wouldn't stay) if she was staying the night. Daddy was taking Oak to bed and asked him if Grandma was staying the night and he said yes. Then she said, "Don't let her leave, okay?" We were cracking up!

Oak woke up in the morning and I went to get her. She asked if Grandma was still at our house (because she had stayed the night). She then said, "Mom, don't let me forget, I have a presentation for her, but I need to color it." A little while later I was getting stuff out for her to color her "presentation" and told her she could color it now, and she said, "Not right now mom."

I went to get her out of bed one morning and she said to me, "Mommy, my nose isn't working!!" and then said she couldn't smell anything. So cute!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling photos Brenley!

Anonymous said...

Darling photos Brenley!