Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Meeting "C"!...(Mac's story~Part 5)


Mac's Story Parts 1-4

Meeting and getting to know our Birthmother.

After initially talking to C, I knew that I wanted to meet her as soon as possible. Hubs and I together wouldn't have a chance to meet her together for at least another month. I did not want to wait that long, so I called her the next week to see if we could me up that week for lunch (she only lived an hour away from us). She thought that was great. So the day I headed to meet her, I was completely terrified. But the moment I walked in the door of her work I was completely calm and it felt like I was seeing an old friend that I hadn't seen in a very long time. C walked right up to me and gave me a hug. I seriously thought I was dreaming.

We ended up jumping in her car and heading to her apartment. She really wanted me to watch the ultrasound video that she had for us. We watched it together as she showed me her favorite parts and showed me what I was actually seeing. I was watching our baby that we had waiting so long for. It was incredible to say the least. (You can imagine how many times we watched that video before Mac was born).

We then headed to lunch where we were able to ask each other a lot of questions. This was both awkward and exciting. Awkward because I am socially retarded and my thoughts don't come out of my mouth how I would like them to, and also because I hate to poke and prod at peoples personal lives. And exciting because I was learning more about this amazing young lady sitting in front of me, and I felt so privileged to be chosen by her.

I was able to learn about why C chose adoption for her and her baby. I learned what she wanted and didn't want for her baby. I learned how she came to choose us and that she knew that this baby was not hers and she really felt that Hubs and I were his parents. I was learning a new aspect of the Atonement that I had not yet before seen with my very own eyes. I was awe struck with C's faith, knowledge, and testimony. I was so happy to learn that her parents were very supportive of her, because all Birthmother's need that, and I didn't want C to be alone in this experience.

A couple of weeks later both Hubs and I were able to meet C again so that Hubs could meet her. Hubs said that the instant he saw and met her he knew that she would always be in our lives. And I felt the same way.

We met up several times over the next months. Sometimes both Hubs and I and sometimes just me. But I am ever so grateful for every moment we spent getting to know C and her getting to know us.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Amen. Beautiful.

bell family said...

I like how you have broken the story up in to parts. I might have to do the same because sitting and writing the whole story at one time seems daunting to me. but I can do parts. Hey I also am terrible social things and everythink seems to come out of my mouth wrong. In my brain it sounds great but out of my mouth is craziness.