Friday, April 18, 2008

4 Month Check-up!

Mac had his 4 month check-up on Wednesday!
(He had to get shots and had a fever all day on Thursday, but was such a good and happy baby still.)
He is getting so big...
15.5 lbs (75th percentile)
26 in "tall" (80th percentile)
I am having a hard time keeping this cute boy in clothes. He is growing out of them too quickly. He is wearing 6-9 month clothes right now, and most of those are even too small for him.
What he is doing...
~When you put a toy in front of him, he grabs it.
~He puts the toys he is playing with in his mouth.
~He helps hold his bottle.
~He is NOT rolling over yet.
~He loves to stand.
~We tried him on rice cereal for the first time, and he wasn't too much into it.
~When he talks he says "gaagaa" a lot. (we have been working on maamaa)
~He is still loving his fist.
~He is constantly drooling.
~He is sleeping 10-12 hours every night.
~He loves to kick his feet.
~He is very ticklish.

13 comments:

Sean, Jen, Carson and Addie said...

Great job, McCoy!!

What did his doctor recommend for the Exzema?

Emily said...

Cute cute cute! I'm impressed that he helps hold his bottle, that's nice! And I just think it's so cute too. Dang those shots...sounds like he took them like a champ! He's growing so much! I love the sheep!

Gaerte Family said...

What a big boy!! So cute!!!

Swanson Family said...

Sounds like we had similar weeks! The good thing about having to get shots at this age is that they don't remember it 15 minutes later, so they're not scared of the doctor's office yet! He is beautiful!

Jennifer said...

Way to go McCoy! Sounds like he might be a tall boy!

Amy said...

Hi! I'm a first-time poster, but a LONG time lurker. I have loved going on this journey of adoption with your little family and it makes me SO excited...

Because we get our newborn son in June. I honestly can't wait. I love to read adoption stories and have just adored your blog for the longest time! Take care and best wishes for the future!

<3 Amy

Mama B said...

Amy,
Thank you for commenting! And I am so excited for you and your upcoming adoption story! i would love to read more about it, but I see that your blog is private. That's a bummer! Well, congrats on your son, and goodluck!
Brenley

Julee and Matt said...

I can't believe how big he is getting and I think every ounce he gains he get's a little more cuteness!

Amy said...

I'm added to the list! :) Hah - I feel so honored.

Andy, Amy, Zach and Abby said...

What a big boy! It's so amazing to see their development, isn't it?

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

Too cute! And a BIG healthy boy! :) It's fun to hear all that he's doing now. And the rolling over will come, don't you worry! :)

Ron and Jessica said...

Just an FYI: I noticed someone posted a comment about eczema and was just finishing an article about safflower oil. I hadn't heard of it before, but the article said some hospitals use safflower oil on babies to keep their skin moist. I think I'm going to try it out this summer!

Kristalyn said...

McCoy is beautiful! You are one lucky mom to have a baby that sleeps so well...my almost two year old still hasn't quite mastered it! :)