Sunday, January 8, 2017

Week 1



So I finally found some curtains I love. And my sweet hubs decided all on his own that he would make me some curtain rods. I was a little hesitant at first with his idea. But I absolutely love them. And I love how the curtains have changed the feel of our family room. Next on my list are some big book shelves and a new couch.



The picture isn't great but my husband ended up using metal pipes for the rods.


This kid. He doesn't love reading chapter books to himself as much as I thought he would. But he cracks me up at how he reads.

She has loved her violin.

A mother in our homeschool community has been putting together monthly P.E. classes. For the winter they have been doing different barn dances. Oak was so excited to go and then it was postponed because we had a ton of snow dumped on us. So we decided to practice the dance at home and we had a blast.

So one evening I shoveled about 6 inches of snow so Hubs could get in the driveway when he got home. And I love my new snow boots that Hubs insisted I get and I almost didn't.


Grandma has a table set up in her house with a puzzle. She got some good ones the kids could help with. This one was really fun.


So after I shoveled the 6 inches that one night. We then woke up to another 18 inches. I was not happy. It was a boat load of snow.




No where near done. Then to top it off I had a huge berm at the bottom of our huge driveway from the snow plow. By the time I got to it, I was exhausted. Then our awesome neighbor who lives behind us was driving by and stopped and said he would bring down his tractor to take care of the berm for me. What a saint. He came down and moved that berm in ten minutes when it would have taken me and hour.


Since we had been stuck in the house for a few days I let the kids dump all their legos out. They loved it and were getting along. So it was a win.


After our driveway was shoveled. Because of how much snow there was and it was really wet snow I only made the a path big enough for one vehicle.


Cute girl and she asked to have pig tail braids.

After getting all that snow we had a few days of subzero temps. Look at the beautiful trees. Boy was it cold.

After so many movies during Christmas break I decided that we needed to take a break. It was hard on the kids. It was a full week of them constantly asking me if they could watch a movie and me say "No, go read a book or find something to learn." By the end of the week they finally got the hint.


Oh, then it snowed some more but this time it was a Saturday so Hubs went and borrowed our other neighbors snow blower and he took care of it. Took him several hours.

Our front yard was knee deep.

After all that hard work daddy did to clear the driveway he treated us to a movie. This was the best movie. We loved it so much!


No comments: