Sunday, September 18, 2016

A fun trip up north...


We have amazing neighbors and we love to give them our abundance when we can. We give them eggs weekly and we gave them a zucchini out of our garden then she shows up on our doorstep with a chocolate zucchini cake made from our eggs and zucchini. And I am not much for cake but it was GOOOOOD.


We went to a high priest activity (because my Mister is a high priest) and they had this fun swing that the kids played on forever. 


This was my breakfast after a very rough morning with my kids. I locked myself in my room and cried and ate cake. It helped. 


Then I decided to give my kids two options. Go outside and play or stay in the house and do extra chores. If they fought outside they would come in a do chores. They chose outside. 


I bought some beginner piano lessons on line. We have really been enjoying them.


Oak chose to have a dance party in our pjs with glow sticks for her "stay up late night".


She found a praying mantis in the garage and wanted to sleep with it. We talked her into letting it go so it could live. 


I'm 37 and I have a full head of gray hair. Ugh! I am not ready to embrace it so I dye my hair obviously.


We went up to Portland to visit our good friends that moved away from K Falls. These two are forever best buddies. 


I went to my friend's Stake service project where we helped make sanitary kits for girls in countries where they don't have feminine products available to them. 


We also went black berry picking at a local farm. These were thornless black berries and they were so great to pick. However being in them gave Mac an asthma attack. Thank goodness we have an inhaler now and it helped almost immediately. 








The kids had so much fun together. 


We made this delicious dessert a pear stuffed with chocolate and wrapped with pie dough. Yum!


We brought our Beaver shirts to wear so they other kids had to put on their Duck gear. I loved it!


Zonked with in minutes of driving in the car.


We also went to my Uncle's annual corn feed. It was so fun to spend time with cousins. 




Oak and my Aunt and Uncle in their overalls. 


Sunday thirty eight.

No comments: