Sunday, October 11, 2015

Lost tooth, farm, Temple and pumpkins...


We had some friends over for dinner and the kids were utilizing their drawing skills to have them make super hero symbols. Oak always has an "idea" with everything she does so she ended up coming out of her room like this. Love her!


Obedience and cooperation were getting to be a lost art in our house so school work got put on the back burner and we relearned some skills that the kids have been ignoring (ie. washing hands with soap) and also doing family work to get some big cleaning projects done. It seemed to have worked so we will resume school work this week. 


And the big news of the week was Oak losing her FIRST tooth. It was very exciting and Oak was so brave. She never cried about it at all. It was so cute to see the magic of the tooth fairy through her eyes. 


Writing her letter to the tooth fairy. 


She wrote this all on her own. I just reminded her what sound is at the end of tooth.
It says, "Tooth fairy I lost my first tooth. I love Oaklee."


Mac wanted to count the change in Grandma's coin jar. He counted to about $15 worth of quarters and then was totally done with it. He then said so exasperated, "I totally understand the troubles accountants have." His dad is an accountant by the way.


Grandma helped him finish the rest of the money and there ended up being $67. So we had a little lesson on how many pennies that actually was. And talked about decimals.


Mac has had a few really rough days. I won't pretend that he is easy to parent. Parenting him brings me to my knees too many times to count in a day sometimes. And because of this I feel like I am constantly failing him. The day after a very rough day I happened to catch him, all on his own saying a prayer on his breakfast. No one was there to tell him to do that. He did that because that is what we taught him to do and because he wanted to. It gave me a glimmer of hope for his future. It also reminded me of the scripture D & C 64:33    "Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great."




The kids getting our halloween/ fall decorations out. 



The kids each got to pick one thing out at the dollar tree. Oak picked out a plastic bat and ball. The kids had fun playing with it. 


Oak wrote daddy a thank you for helping her get her tooth out. 


I got dressed one morning and Oak got excited and ran out of the room. She found everything she needed to be dressed just like me. So cute!


They were getting along!!


Every Thursday I watch two extra kids, so I try to always have a fun project for the kids to do on that day. The one we were planning on doing fell through so I came up with this one real quick thanks to pinterest. 


I thought they were so fun and cute.



Our "ponderize" scripture for the week. We all had it memorized by the end of the week. 


A friend and I split a box of pears because we both just wanted some to eat. We put most of them in the fridge and a bowl on the counter and they looked so delish and today they were finally ripe. And boy are they yummy.


Thursday we also had a field trip that I took all four of the kids to. It was pretty much my favorite field trip. We went to a local organic farm. This is their pet pig names Sampson. He is their pet because he sleeps in their house every night and they treat him pretty much like a dog. He is a teacup potbelly.


These were the milking goats and they were SO friendly. 


Both the kids got to milk a goat. How cool!


This is the dog that watches over their meat goats and meat cows. His name is Bailey and he was huge. Oak fell in love with him of course. 


Oak got to bottle feed one of their calves. They had twin calves born not to long ago. 


The kids had a blast holding and chasing around the baby goats. 


Another beautiful sunset from our front door. 


So this is the coat hanger that I made from an old gate that was on our property. I love how it turned out. I am also really proud of myself for making it all by myself. Although my cute Hubs hung it up for me. 


The kids trying to make something on their own. 


So a homeschool mother in our community is offering a choir class this year. I really wanted Mac to do it and he was very hesitant about it but I talked him into trying just one class. He loved it! And will now be doing it the whole year. It will be so good for him to learn how to sing in a choir and learn some control over his voice. 


Hubs took the day off on friday (which made the whole day feel like saturday). But he wanted to get some things done around the house since we would be gone all day on Saturday. He some how got the truck at the back of our property, even with all the big rocks. He loaded the back with a bunch of junk that is in the shed left over from the previous owners. 


We stopped at the library to pick up some reserved books and to get some new books. It is Harry Potter month there and we happened to be at the library when they were making wands. The kids loved it.


And they turned out pretty cool. 


Friday night we were invited on a group date with some friends for one of our friend's birthday. Hubs does not like group setting like this, so it was a big sacrifice for him to go. Then after dinner we went to our friends parents house where they have this really cool gazebo and fire pit and warming towers with lights hung from the gazebo and we roasted marshmallows. It was so much fun. And Bryce got to use his "baby whispering" powers on our friends little guy. 


After dinner friday night I all of sudden got a soar throat. I thought it was just from talking so much, since I am not much of a talker. It got worse once the night was over. And then it hurt so bad all night. So I looked up some remedies and decided I would try some apple cider vinegar and honey in warm water. It actually isn't so bad. It tastes a lot like warm apple cider. I drank some more this morning and I am feeling like I am getting better. 


The text my mom sent me while we were on our date. I love her!


Saturday was Stake Temple Day. Hubs and I went a few weeks ago and my mom hasn't been in awhile and she didn't want to go by herself so Hubs watched the kids while my mom and I attended the Temple. It was so great to go with her. 



They were chasing a beautiful monarch butterfly. 





After the Temple we went to the local pumpkin patch that is in the same town as the Temple. It was a lot more fun than our dinky one here in K Falls but still doesn't live up to the awesome ones in Eugene. 




We already had orange pumpkins in our garden so we decided to get weird ones at the patch. Mac picked this ONE out and named it John. 


When we got home we picked the pumpkins in our garden. Oak picked this one.

Mac picked this one. 



We had four, but the fourth one ended up rotting. 


I had to take a picture of Mac eating macaroni and tomato juice because he has never like it. He askef for some then asked for seconds. Crazy!


I woke up feeling crumby Sunday morning so the kids were reading to me in bed. It was cute!.

No comments: