Wednesday, October 7, 2015

homeschool fun, baking and General Conference...


We had a homeschool field trip to the Ostrich Farm again. It wasn't as well organized this year and there were no baby Ostriches to hold so it wasn't as fun. But they are very interesting to watch. 


Mac feeding an ostrich. 


Mac for some reason was really wanting to make something to bake. He requested a pioneer cake so I looked that up and found some simple ingredient recipes with no instruction. But the kids loved it and they turned out really good. 



Oak specifically made her cake to be a birthday cake for bear. She had spent her entire quiet time planning and preparing his birthday party. Bear has several a year. 


She had just gotten out of the bath and I braided her hair. I just loved this little curl. 


Oak was pretending she was a mermaid and therefore she wanted me to read her an Ariel story. The story kept on saying things that reminded me of songs from the movie Little Mermaid (which I had completely memorized as a child) and so I was constantly interrupting the story  with dramatic singing of songs from the movie. Oak didn't like it so she put her hand on my mouth but she was giggling so hard. 


Oak wanted to cut something out for math. So I just made this up for her. It was actually a bit above her level. So I had to help her. 


Mac and I played subtraction War. It as so fun. And I won ;)


I got a new phone and it has a much better camera on it. I took this as soon as I got home with it to compare to my old camera. Unfortunately when Oak was playing with my old phone she deleted it. But there is a huge difference. 


Goofy boy.


Mac was having a hard time going to sleep and came out of bed to snuggle me for a bit.


Just a goofy kid.


A friend over to watch a movie. How many kids can you fit on a love seat?


A fun math game we played where we tried to guess the math equation and if we were wrong we drew part of a monsters face. 


Ready to head to the library for homeschool game hour. 


Homeschoolers showing off their Lego creations. 


Some Lego math fun. 



Oak learned how to do greater than/less than. I showed her how the alligator mouth loves to eat big numbers. 


My brother texted me telling me they finally got my dad's headstone in. It looks beautiful.


We finally got around to trying bread in my enamel dutch oven. It turned out awesome.  


I finally had my mom color my hair. My gray hair was bothering me. 


This is in our bathroom window. Those piles are of dead midgies and they are IN BETWEEN the screen and the window. There is a good reason we never open this window. YUCK!


Mac just playing.


Oak came out of her room dressed like this.


Then a few minutes later she looked like this. 


A beautiful sunset. 


Mac was really wanting to bake something. He ended up baking peanut butter cookies pretty much all by himself. I just made sure he didn't miss any steps.


Oak reading. 


The FFA put on a field day for elementary kids. At the end they had a little petting zoo. These calf's were so cute. I want one. 


They were being creative making something. But mostly a mess. 


So for those who were asking about what we do for conference. First I like to have a different activity for every session. My kids get bored of doing the same thing too much. I also bought them some new puzzles and stickers for the in between boredness. 


The last few years we have been building a Temple with all the white legos from Mac's massive collection of legos. 


This was Mac's Temple this year. He even made a parking lot. 


I found this fun train for the kids to do. But they lost interest in it pretty quick. 


Randomly they were matching. 


Saturday afternoon we did three treat words. The kids love doing this and it really helps them to listen well. But once again they get bored towards the last 1/2 hour. But it's the fun in the tradition they like. 



Mac has been wanting to run the last little bit home when we are going home. Silly boy. 


Sunday we always have cinnamon rolls and then we get dressed and go to the Stake Center to watch conference. I love this because I am able to listen better. During this session the kids play bingo. Bingo really captured Mac this year and he sat in between daddy and I the whole time filling out his bingo card. He ended up with three bingos. Oak struggled through the whole session. 




Then the Sunday afternoon we do three more word treats with new words and new treats. The kids did their puzzles and then they lost it about half way through that. They were DONE! 

No comments: