Sunday, February 18, 2018

Week 7...Valentines Day and Chess

Oak doing her daily reading outside to our cat Chewy.

I pulled all the stuff out to make valentines cards for our homeschool friends that we were going to do a party with. 

Grandma C sent cards and money to buy a valentine stuffed animal with since we couldn't make it for the valentine party. 

So we bought this shoe rack and I tried to follow the directions to put it together and it was not working. I swore that the holes were in the wrong spots and I was about to take it back to the store to return it. It sat in pieces on the floor of our little storage/mud/craft room for a couple of weeks. One day the kids were in the room with the door closed and said they had a surprise for us.  A little bit later they told us to come in and my kids had put it together by only looking at the picture of the box. My mom and I were laughing so hard. I guess all that lego playing came in handy. 

One of the local schools was hosting a chess tournament. They kids really wanted to do it. The kids had so much fun and learned a lot from the experience. 

Oak isn't that great at Chess yet, but she sure tried her hardest. 



Mac got third place in his group. 

Oak actually didn't get a medal and she was pretty sad, but trying to hold it together while being happy for Mac. Mac felt bad for her so he came home and made her a medal out of canning lid and ribbon and it made her so happy. 

What a sweet brother. 

The valentines daddy and I made for the kids. 


My cute little valentines. For school we read some scriptures about love and talked about where true love comes from. It was such a sweet way to share Valentines day with my kids. 

We got our new history curriculum and we love it!

 A little Valentine from my sweet hubby.

Oak's drawing of ice skaters is so stinking cute.

She has slept with this bear almost every night of her more than 7 years of her life. 

Making her hair fun on a Sunday morning now that we have more time to get ready for church. 

No comments: