Sunday, January 21, 2018

Reading and outdoor stuff...week 3

The morning that President Nelson was to be announced as our new prophet. I gathered my kids into my bed with their journals and scriptures. We watched, discussed, answered questions and felt the spirit. Then we all wrote in our journals what we just witnessed and then did our school scripture study. It is a moment I hope my kids will hold on to. 

play do sculptures by Mac. 


Oak went through a little spurt where she just read and read. 

We celebrated my mom's 76th birthday. 

What breakfast usually looks like. 

Oak's sculpture. 

She finished reading her very first chapter book all on her own. We were all so proud!

The next day she just read and read.

And read...

And read...

And read. 

This is pretty much what they do every time we come home from the library with a big book haul. 

Our community puts on a free even every year call P.L.A.Y. Outdoors. (Play stands for something but I don't remember).  But they pretty much have booth after booth of outdoor activities to get the kids interested in outdoor activities like hunting, animals, bird watching, fishing, scouts, shooting, archery and so on. It is amazing. 








Oak's homemade horse. 

And the cows that live in the cow field across the street come and graze and poop in our yard all the time. 

No comments: