Sunday, December 17, 2017

week 50

Tea time with this cool book we got at the library.


This boy and reading. I just really love how much he reads.

A STEM activity with popsicle sticks and clothes pins.


This was the calm before the storm. The house was all clean the candles were lit. The house decorated. Classical music playing. And these two cuties playing light sabers. I laughed because I was trying create a hygge feeling in the house. Also this day my husband found out he had Influenza A. So I went to work quarantining him and cleaning every speck of the house so that no one else would get it.


My hubby found out he was sick the day before Mac's birthday. Mac was pretty disappointed that we wouldn't be doing his planned birthday activities because we decided we would all stay home just in case any of us were going to get sick so that we wouldn't spread it. Oak helped me blow up the balloons.

I slept on the couch to avoid getting sick. Which didn't work since I kissed my husband on the day he found out he had the Flu.

Excited to wake up to presents.

The Happy Birthday sign I made for his first birthday. We use for all the birthdays in our home. I love that it is still in such great condition and will always be a tradition in our family.

Daddy had gotten Mac a really nice pocket knife. This says a lot since Mac isn't know for being very responsible. He was very excited for this gift and that daddy trusted him enough to give it to him.

Then he had a fever of 102. Such a bummer to get sick on your birthday. (We originally thought he had influenza also. I even took him to the doctor they didn't test him because of the high possibility but did prescribe him Tamaflu. But I didn't feel right about him taking it so I never gave it to him. He was only sick with a fever for about two or three days and then was bouncing off the walls. Not much of a cough. So we think he was just sick with something but not influenza. My mom never got and Oak never got it. )


Our counter looked like this throughout the next week.


He still wanted his pumpkin pie.

While my husband was really sick, the hot water went out and I had to go reset it.

And my kids' toilet broke which I wasn't good timing because I didn't want the kids sharing a bathroom with daddy because he was sick and I didn't want them sharing grandma's bathroom downstairs because I didn't want her getting sick. But nothing could be done. So every time Mac went to the bathroom I went in right after him and scrubbed everything he touched.

This poor girl was going stir crazy but was actually being such a good girl while stuck in the house for two weeks and never getting sick.

I ended up coming down with influenza and fever and cough started a few days after my husbands. He was better by the time I got sick so we switched places and I was quarantined in the bedroom for the entire week before Christmas. It was not fun and Oak really struggled to not get to be near me. So we facetimed.


No comments: