Sunday, March 13, 2016

Chicks and more...


I had some left over crushed graham crackers from Mac's blue and gold cake so we thought we would make some cheese cake. I wanted to make it from scratch. We ended up making a no bake cheese cake. I want to try the baked cheese cake soon. Oak saw chocolate dipped strawberries at the store on Valentines day that they were selling for $3 for two strawberries and she really wanted them. I told her they were too expensive to get but as soon as we found some good strawberries we would make some at home. So we finally found some yummy strawberries and made some. YUM!


I found this after Mac emptied the dishwasher. 


Mac does not do well when he is sideswiped with a consequence he doesn't know about so I sat down with Mac and we talked about what consequences for with what behavior. It has seemed to help. But always a work in progress. 


And we finally got our chicks. I still can't believe we have chicks and will have chickens laying eggs. 







Oak ended up with a bad head cold and couldn't breath. So we were up most of the night watching movies. 


Grandma left on the train to head north. The train goes by our house so the kids were waving to grandma. 


Our power went out for a bit so we had to figure out how to keep the chicks warm. 



One morning I found Mac waking up his sister at 6 am to go and sneak and see the chicks. I was not a happy mama. The kids love the chicks so much. 


Mac finished up his first badge. 


The kids came in early one morning playing secret agent. It was all so hilarious.

Mac: Mom, do you want to play secret agents with us? We are a team called the W team. You get to be the boss! 
Me: Wow, I get to be the boss?!
Mac: Yes! You get to stay at the office and do paperwork. 
Me: (laughing)
...
Oak to Mac: Can you help me find some clothes that are "agenty". ...
Oak to me: Here is a list of suspects. Please look at it and tell me who you think blew up the train. 
Me: ok
Oak: did you figure it out?
Me: (pointing to one of her scribbles) This one!
Oak: (giving me a funny look) John Wayne?
Me: (laughing)
Oak: sign your name here. (Walks away) Serious business!!
...
Love when these two get a long (which wasn't the case yesterday) and get lost in make believe together. And love when they drag me in with them. They definitely do not lack imagination. And it's moments like these that remind me how little they still are and I just want to freeze time today.





I found these cute and simple thank you cards for the kids to fill out. Mac loved it and he was able to do it quickly and on his own. Now we just need to make sure we get them to everyone. 


They were playing so well together. It was really cute. 


We finally got the game of LIFE. Mac wants to play it all the time. I found this funny! If only it was that easy. I guess for some it is. Not us.


I have been trying to fit in some exercise lately, because my body just feels old and yuck. Oak loves exercising and we really loved doing Yoga. My first time ever. 


We had a little invasion of tiny ants. After I cleaned of every single bit of crumbs off all the counter space I decided I should clean out under the sink and found where they were coming from. Yuck! I made some homemade poison since they hadn't touched the store bought stuff. And they seemed to be gone now. 


Mac had gotten in trouble for something. (We are struggling with behavior a lot lately). And then I found this on my bed. 


I have been spring cleaning cupboards and drawers in the kitchen. I decided it was finally time to get rid of the toddler spoons. Makes me sad. 


Having a chick race. These kids love the chicks but are not gentle with them. It is amazing they are still alive. 


One saturday it snowed the whole day and daddy was at work. So we made treats and snuggled on the couch and watched movies all day. 


Mac's rock collection that Oak organized. 


This sweet girl is having a lot of trouble with her emotions and how she handles them. She was sent to her room to calm down and I found her like this. 


After a bit of connection she was a happy girl again. 



Hubs hair was getting really long so he said Oak could try to get it in a pony tail. She loved playing with his hair. 


Oak then wanted to play with my hair. She did these braids all on her own. 

No comments: